What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 470 question  (Read 3973 times)

Kiddoc1997

Jacuzzi 470 question
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »
Hey all thanks for advice.  We wet tested artisan, marquis and jacuzzi.  Liked the tubs but went with the 470 jacuzzi. Loved the high end jets and look of tub.  One question. Spa service guy said don't use divertors While jets are on.  I checked manual and can't find a reason and when testing we move divertors.  Can anyone tell me if this is a problem. Divertors so I am calling them correctly divert pressure from one seat to the other.   Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 470 question
« on: February 26, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Jacuzzi 470 question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 12:56:04 pm »
Hey all thanks for advice.  We wet tested artisan, marquis and jacuzzi.  Liked the tubs but went with the 470 jacuzzi. Loved the high end jets and look of tub.  One question. Spa service guy said don't use divertors While jets are on.  I checked manual and can't find a reason and when testing we move divertors.  Can anyone tell me if this is a problem. Divertors so I am calling them correctly divert pressure from one seat to the other.   Thanks.

So I guess he is saying don't change diverter postions with the pump on but first turn it off, make the change and then turn the pump back on. I wouldn't sweat it and think thats being very overcautious though maybe has his reasons to believe its a good practice to do so.

Kiddoc1997

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:00:10 pm »
Yes that is what he was saying.  I have 2 kids who may flip switch just want to make sure it won't cause problems. Thanks

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56:41 pm »
Yes that is what he was saying.  I have 2 kids who may flip switch just want to make sure it won't cause problems. Thanks

as stated he was just being cautious...I always mention diverters esp. when the potential customer has kids...obviously when you move a diverter you are diverting pressure so its not good practice to have the kids constantly "play" with the diverter handles

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »

Well if there are kids involved then he may have a good point lol. He's probably worried about them breaking the handles because they'll be harder to turn with the pumps on. If it were me I'd make it the rule for them but I'd probably give myself a pass when they're not looking.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42