What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: looking for new hot tub  (Read 3530 times)

inthemarket

looking for new hot tub
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:05:43 pm »
Our hot tub is on its last legs - the wood frame has deteriorated and it leaks some. Could be fixed I suppose - probably 10 years old. A BlueRidge spa model seats 4 or 6. I've replaced the impeller several times, maybe the pump and the new controls - we got taken there with a $1,000 module 'upgrade' and the guy didn't even leave an instruction sheet - it must have been a customer  return that he was happy to unload.

Anyway - are there are hot tubs that utilize an ozonator to reduce chemicals? How about an ultraviolet light attachment like you see in ponds to kill algae. those 2 things would be an improvement i think. The heat would also help with the temparature.

Most of the time there we have only 2 people in the hot tub - so the extra jets for the other locations don't help anyone. Is there a tub that concentrates the jets to one or 2  places so the person gets a real blast?

we replaced the lid years ago and have them put a double layer of plastic around the styrofoam - that has worked well.

Hot Tub Forum

looking for new hot tub
« on: March 02, 2013, 03:05:43 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: looking for new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:23:24 pm »
Most any tub yu get these days as an ozonator. You. Still need to use chemicals. Are you looking for a 2 person tub or something bigger?  What do the dealers carry where you are located?

inthemarket

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:06:08 am »
we have a good sized one, so going to just a 2 person might be an adjustment - though it would be wiser i guess at this point.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:06:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42