What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: d1 wayfarer vs Marquis Promise vs Caldera Martinque  (Read 7448 times)

bobbyhy

d1 wayfarer vs Marquis Promise vs Caldera Martinque
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »
D1 priced 2000 lower than Marquis while the Caldera is a thousand more than the d1-compable size, jets, warranty both Marquis and Hot springs dealers are nearby while D1 80 miles away. Free service calls locally versus $75 dollars for travel expense. Wet tested Marquis and Caldera, not the D1. Money aside loved the Marquis but 2 grand is over my budget and like the features of the D1, any advice for a 1st time buyer?

Hot Tub Forum

d1 wayfarer vs Marquis Promise vs Caldera Martinque
« on: February 15, 2013, 11:26:54 pm »

PrecisionPoolMA

Re: d1 wayfarer vs Marquis Promise vs Caldera Martinque
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:43 am »
While I started my career selling D1 the wayfarer came out after my time. I currently sell Marquis.  I will say this, you are dealing with the cream of the crop in terms of quality.

My question for you on the Promise, is the dealer giving you a price on the 2 pump upgrade? Or just the standard 1 pump Promise?

Marquis puts a lot of thought into plumbing their spas for maximum flo so if he is pricing you for a 2 pump Promise ask him about the 1 pump option and that might get you a little closer price wise. I find it hard to believe there would be that big a price gap between those 2 spas either way though.

I think you will be happy with either brand as they are great options. Try and see if you can negotiate that Promise price down a little  ;)

PrecisionPoolMA

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:33:33 am »
Also just checked...the Wayfarer is in D1's @Home series, which is their second line it is more comparable to a Marquis Eseries than the Signature Series. That is why you are seeing a price difference.

The @Home spas do not come with the Ultra Pure high end ozone system, and even their entry level ozone system is an option on the Wayfarer.  So it is not an apples the apples with the Marquis, not sure on the Caldera though.

bobbyhy

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »
The wayfarer has the circ pump/ozonator option and the promise is the 2 pump option. The warranty of the @home series is superior to that of the Marquis e line which is about the same price as the D1 spa. This had made it all the more confusing since I cannot wet test either the D1 or any Marquis e-line series locally. My gut is to purchase the D1 as I even went back to the Marquis dealer ready to buy if their pricing could bebetter and they even attempted to find a blemished factory deal but none were availiable this week.

TdiDave

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:27:02 am »
Wet test. May make any price difference seem meaningless.

PrecisionPoolMA

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 11:57:38 am »
The wayfarer has the circ pump/ozonator option and the promise is the 2 pump option. The warranty of the @home series is superior to that of the Marquis e line which is about the same price as the D1 spa. This had made it all the more confusing since I cannot wet test either the D1 or any Marquis e-line series locally. My gut is to purchase the D1 as I even went back to the Marquis dealer ready to buy if their pricing could bebetter and they even attempted to find a blemished factory deal but none were availiable this week.

Were you  looking for an eseries instead of the Promise?

The promise is a Signature series not an eseries so the warranty is 5 years not 2.

From your op you are comparing an @home (wayfarer) to a Signature Series(Promise) hence the price difference as you are comparing D1's mid tier line to Marquis top end line.

Just want to make sure you are not confused on the warranty there, after reading your last post.

I just checked the Marquis blemish/discount list for this week and he is right there are no Promise models on there.

bobbyhy

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 06:19:54 pm »
The warranty on the @home series seems better than the Marquis e line in every aspect and the base cabinet material is more on par with the signature series. I can get a loaded out 545 for about the same as the wayfarer. Just want to be sure 6500 dollar purchase is the correct one today and later on. There is no way to determine which company has more repair problems, and most reviews like both brands. It just seems to me that the D1 line supposedly carries a higher msrp which is probablym meaningless. I cannot wet test either tub and I am holding out for a blemished Marquis signature if at all possible.

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:01 pm »
You'll be much happier with the Marquis.  Just take off the front panel of the Marquis and then take off the panel of the D1, look at the insides.  Marquis has a full ABS plastic pan bottom, last time I saw the D1 @ Home spas they were all wood-framed (wood directly in contact with the ground).  Also, I believe there is big warranty difference comparing the D1 mid-level to the Marquis top-level (Signature Series).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42