What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: crystal clean and natural plant based water  (Read 3281 times)

bobbyhy

crystal clean and natural plant based water
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »
Anyone use crystal clean and their natural spa product?
Good or bad , I have a new never used spa arriving this week and we love to limit the chemicals and the resulting science experiment.

Hot Tub Forum

crystal clean and natural plant based water
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:20:12 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: crystal clean and natural plant based water
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:02:07 am »
Acid (like in oranges) lowers PH. Baking soda (like in cookies) raises PH and Chlorine kills bacteria. Not sure why this is looked at as a science experiment. Crystal clean and plant based water sounds like a science experiment to figure out the fastest way to grow bacteria and get yourself an infection.
Retired

bobbyhy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:18:52 am »
The science experiment comment was off base. All of the chemicals I read about, people with irritations, sore eyes was what I was inferring. Even the makers of plant based products reccomend some chlorine and intially some shock. None of them can legally claim to kill sufficiently  without some active ingredient. I just wanted to know if any of those on here have used such products and what their experiences were. Thanks.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 09:28:36 am »
If you do a search with the right wording you will find where people have come here and asked that same question.   Some seem to think that type of natural product works, most in the long run figure it out and stick with chlorine and quit paying for the other. Or some may go with the hydrogen peroxide based products which are expensive.     If your using chlorine anyway why use the other product?

Chlorine with shock or shock with chlorine  when used right with a mineral stick is a perfect combo!     

bobbyhy

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:37:12 am »
Thank you Jacuzzi Jim for addressing my concerns in a consse easy to follow manner.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:16:44 pm »
I'm sorry I just get offended when people refer to there water as some kind of chemical soup. If they feel that way they are doing something wrong. Generally spa water, done right is safer for you than rain water.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 05:16:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42