What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with Ozone and venturi issues  (Read 5024 times)

oregonrebel

Help with Ozone and venturi issues
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »
Hello all,
SO i recently bought a Cal Coop spa and i am trying to install a MCD-50 ozone to it. I have the MCD-50 connected and and installed the venturi between the pump and then spa. I have a couple of questions.
1. How much air pressure show the mcd-50 be producing? Is there supposed to be a reasonable amount of air/ozone coming out of the MCD-50 that you can feel with your finger for example?
2. I have the 1/4" line going from the MCD to the venturi with a check valve between that came with the mcd. How hard should it be to blow thru air thru the check valve if you blow into it? I took the hose off the mcd and blew through it and it was really hard to blow through to produce bubble coming out of the jet in the tub. It was like trying blow up a small balloon pressure wise..
3. If i disconnect the 1/4" hose between the venturi and the check valve then water comes gushing out. I thought it should be sucking air thru and not shooting water out?  The venturi is installed correctly with the arrows pointing towards the tub and the directions of the water.

Sorry for the lengthy description be figured it was best to be detailed.
Thanks in advance for your help....

Hot Tub Forum

Help with Ozone and venturi issues
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help with Ozone and venturi issues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »
An ozonator does not create air pressure, it only creates ozone gas.  The ventury system sucks ozone from the ozonator through the 1/4" tube, then through the "Mazzi"  injector into the spa..    And this will only work if the main pump 2spd or a circulating pump is running

oregonrebel

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »
Ok,
So it sounds like maybe the venturi is bad? I thought a way to test then venturi was to pull the 1\4 tube off before the check valve and that with the pump running the venturi should be sucking air through that 1\4 hose and creating bubbles in the spa.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:05:28 am »
 Make sure the check valves are in the right way..

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:31 am »

I thought a way to test then venturi was to pull the 1\4 tube off before the check valve and that with the pump running the venturi should be sucking air through that 1\4 hose and creating bubbles in the spa.

This is correct. However, if there's any debris in the venturi it may not work correctly. I've seen where companies the ship these pack them in foam packing peanuts, and a little piece of packing material breaks off and lodges in the venturi.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42