What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What consist of the dealer set up??  (Read 6061 times)

Jac-470

What consist of the dealer set up??
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »
I was wondering what the dealers do when the bring your tub to the house. Is it just putting it in place where I want, or is there more that they do?

Hot Tub Forum

What consist of the dealer set up??
« on: February 04, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »

sorebikr

Re: What consist of the dealer set up??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:33:09 pm »
I was wondering what the dealers do when the bring your tub to the house. Is it just putting it in place where I want, or is there more that they do?

It varies.  The only answer that matters though, is the answer you prospective dealer gives you.  In my case they set it in place and that was it.  I didn't have the electrical hooked up yet.  They didn't even cart away the packing materials. 

Jac-470

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 05:38:31 pm »
I didn't get into it with my dealer after I ordered, but they said the price included del and set-up. I know he told me I had to wire it, but just wondering if they do anymore.

Itiswhatitis2012

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »
We got ours delivered last week and they brought it into the yard and put it on our patio. The one guy told my husband how to fill it and showed him how to open and close the lid; that was it. We had the electrical done the next day.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:28:36 pm »
  When we deliver, the guys put it in place, install lid,lift and clips.  Then do a quick fill routine for after the power is hooked up.  After a couple of days or more, I go out and do a complete orientation with them on chems and operation. 

Leaving the wrapping would be unacceptable and grounds for a firing!!     >:(

bimmerdog

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »
here is what the Sundance dealer did for my next door neighbor.  Same dealer I bought mine from.  Mine gets installed 2/12

1. deliver spa
2. unpack set up  install cover  hook up power   fill tub
3.  set up stereo
4. test water add chemicals
5.  walked customer through how EVERTHING worked
6. cleaned up

This is how a tub should be delivered

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:01 pm »
here is what the Sundance dealer did for my next door neighbor.  Same dealer I bought mine from.  Mine gets installed 2/12

1. deliver spa
3.  set up stereo
6. cleaned up

Only problem with this is if the company does not have a licensed electritian this is a big NO NO and a huge liabilty!    The rest I can agree with. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:46:40 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

bimmerdog

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:59:16 pm »

1. deliver spa
3.  set up stereo
6. cleaned up

Only problem with this is if the company does not have a licensed electritian this is a big NO NO and a huge liabilty!    The rest I can agree with.

They do  :D have a licensed electrician.  The same guy that just installed my power today will be coming out with the hot tub.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 01:11:09 am »
 Nice, prolly over half if not more spa dealers cannot afford to keep a licensed electrician on hand, much depends on local codes.    State of Washington doesn't even allow our heating guys to run low volt wire without passing a test.  5 years ago it was no problem.. We can wrap it up in the price, some take it some don't.    Most would be better off taking it, for what we offer! 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:30:00 am by Jacuzzi Jim »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 07:23:16 am »

It varies. 

It sure does.  In my two experience it varied quite a bit.  On my 2nd time, I had the tub ready to be removed, which they moved it to the side, put the new tub in place, I got the electric going while they installed the cover lifter and cleaned up.

On my first delivery, they contracted it out to a pair of guys. One ruined my cover while the other couldn't figure out how to put the steps together and then they tried to sell me $200 worth of chemicals.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »

1. deliver spa
3.  set up stereo
6. cleaned up

this is what we do, except the wiring but I have 2 electricians I give out as referrals who have done hundreds of spa hookups for us...sometimes if the customer is a ways out we will do orientations over the phone as well or if someone is a DIY (mostly used tubs) they will opt to "cash & carry" to save a few bucks

vangoghsear

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »
The company I bought mine from gave me the name of an electrician who did a great job, they would have set up the concrete contractor if I used a concrete pad, but I used EZ-Pads.  The electrician came and did a quick survey on the day the hot tub came.  The hot tub seller delivered and set the tub, conferring with me and the electrician as to tub orientation, then he assembled the stairs, the cover lifter, and installed hold down clips then took away all the trash.  He showed me how to fill the tub and told me to fill it after the tub was wired, then to make an appointment for orientation and he would come over and show me how to start it, how to put in chemicals and how to clean it. 

After it was wired and he came out to show me how to use it, he gave me a start up kit of an N2 cartridge, Dichlor and some Non-chlorine shock.  They also do water testing for free whenever I get into the store. I just bring a plastic bottle filled with hot tub water. 

Good sales and service from my seller.

Blueblur

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:42 pm »
For our J480 we received last month it was:

- haul up to a six foot deck
- positioned correctly
- install covermate
- install cover
- fill tub
- finish the wiring.  pulled into the tub, cut wires to length and connect
- after the tub filled came back to turn on and walk through chemicals and tub features
- cleaned up all of their mess

Don't settle.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42