What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... Can I cancel?  (Read 9671 times)

JRunner01

Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... Can I cancel?
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »
Past the 3 days cancellation notice.  Can I cancel?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:50:14 pm by JRunner01 »

Hot Tub Forum

Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... Can I cancel?
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... bad decision?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »
With all the negativity I've read online lately I am thinking this was a bad move.  Past the 3 days cancellation notice.  Should I still try to cancel?  Can I?

Did you pay with a credit card by chance?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

JRunner01

Re: Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... Can I cancel?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
Yes I did.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:50:55 pm by JRunner01 »

JRunner01

Re: Just put a deposit on a thermospa tub... bad decision?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »
Past the 3 days cancellation notice.  Can I?

Did you pay with a credit card by chance?

Are you suggesting to stop payment via the credit card?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:53:58 pm by JRunner01 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »
I would.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 01:33:47 am »
Call your Bank quickly. Be honest: tell them you suddenly came to your senses and don't want the tub. It hasn't shipped yet, hasn't been delivered, etc. You want to cancel the transaction.

Then call Thermo - and be prepared: they are very good at making you think you cannot possibly cancel. Be strong!!

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kurt6137

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 11:14:37 am »
I would stop payment on that as soon as possible. You just got suckered into the biggest scam on television. Think about it !  They run that pathetic infomercial all day and all night, Top brands like Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis, etc.. Do not need that con game. They have a great product and  hometown dealers (who I think our the best part, about owning the tub) they always are there after the sale. If you get stuck with that tub, wait until the first time you need service, and you will. They have many unhappy customers, my neighbor down the road purchased one of their so called premiere tubs, after I begged him, to go visit my Hot Springs dealer, he just hates, when I tell him, I told you so. Ahhhh, now I have to go relax in my Hot Springs Sovereign, while my neighbor is still waiting for service on a tub, thats only 2 months old.  I hope you can cancel, if not, you have my sympathy.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:18:35 am by kurt6137 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum. let us know how you make out. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jac-470

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 05:15:51 pm »
If your deposit is low, I would eat it and get another local tub if they won't refund you. There not worth the extra price they demand. You could loose your deposit and buy another tub and most likey still be cheaper then what you will pay for there tub, especially in the long term.

dodgyswa

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 08:54:55 pm »
It might depend on what the contract says.. I put a depost down on one of their tubs years ago, and then decided to cancel.. I don't remember if I cancelled within the "time frame"... I did eventually get the deposit back, but after major run around from the company. If you call to cancel, they tend to NOT return phone calls, and when you do get through to someone, they treat you like scum. I was eventually promised my refund and they told me it would take up to 30 days... ended up being exactly 30 days, but I did get it... Be persistant, keep calling and be VERY firm. Good luck!.. Please keep us posted!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 01:04:01 am »
They are owned by Jacuzzi now.  One would think the old history of bad business practices should be behind them.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

JRunner01

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:40 pm »
Even though the contract says I owe 25% of the total purchase price, beyond the 3 days cancellation law in the state, they are allowing me to cancel.  Now I'm waiting for my refund of the deposit.  I will give it till the 15th of June to post and then call and see what is going on.  I already alerted my credit card though.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:47:01 pm by JRunner01 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 06:53:03 pm »
Even though the contract says I owe 25% of the total purchase price, beyond the 3 days cancellation law in the state, they are allowing me to cancel.  Now I'm waiting for my refund of the deposit.  I will give it till the 15th of June to post and then call and see what is going on.  I already alerted my credit card though.

Hoepfully all goes well. When you're trying to find the right spa you do have to navigate around some of teh lesser options out there but for the same price you were going to pay (or less) there are multiple good options out there though it depends on what dealers are in your area when you are ready. Every good spa brand out there has a dealer locator on their website that allows you to enter your zip code and see who is local so hopefully you'l have options. If you're in a bigger metropolitan area you may have many good choices like Caldera, D1, Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Marquis and Sundance which are some of the better ones IMO but even if you're in a smaller area you can usually find a couple cole enough. Take your time, shop around, plan to negotiate (let them know you're shopping around) and by all means wet test.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 06:53:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42