What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: master spas: twilight hot tub  (Read 14336 times)

tallguyinia

master spas: twilight hot tub
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »
I am looking at purchasing a master spa, in particular a twilight series hot tub.  I have read some reviews form others on the net and have not seen anything good about them. Does anyone have any info on this company or this brand of tub in particular? Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

master spas: twilight hot tub
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: master spas: twilight hot tub
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »
I am looking at purchasing a master spa, in particular a twilight series hot tub.  I have read some reviews form others on the net and have not seen anything good about them. Does anyone have any info on this company or this brand of tub in particular? Thanks.

The last person on the other main spa forum who still remained an aplologist for them is now even posting about how he has given up on them. IMO there are far better options out there.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:08:50 am »

If your only seeing lousy reviews maybe you should try another brand. Is there any other choices in your area?

Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:42:06 am »
Welcome to the forum.   My own personal experience with Master Spa is very limited.  When I first started looking at my first tub back in 2003, I saw a couple of models I liked.  After a visit, I sent the local dealer an email message and he misunderstood my message and sent me back a very nasty reply. END OF SHOPPING THERE.   Since then Master has had at least 4 different reps here in my town.   REPORTEDLY (all 2nd hand from my perspective) they are a difficult company to deal with. I did like the looks of a couple of models.  Do you have other choices?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

johnsypa

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »
I am surprised to read this. I am looking at the Twilight Series 8.2. The company is 5 star rated, and Best of The Best 2012 which puts them in the top 10 of all hot tub manufacturers. Consumers Digest Best Buy on the 8.2 model. Can they really be that bad? I have a local dealer and not a traveling road show.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:44:56 am »
I am surprised to read this. I am looking at the Twilight Series 8.2. The company is 5 star rated, and Best of The Best 2012 which puts them in the top 10 of all hot tub manufacturers. Consumers Digest Best Buy on the 8.2 model. Can they really be that bad? I have a local dealer and not a traveling road show.

A 5 start rating is purchased. And can be purchased by any brand. The best of the best is based on marketing dollars spend. Consumer Digest is also a purchased rating.
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:31:50 am »

A good dealer means a lot.  Ask him how long they have been in business and how long they have been carrying the Master line. Do they carry other lines?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:07:18 am »

A 5 start rating is purchased. And can be purchased by any brand. The best of the best is based on marketing dollars spend. Consumer Digest is also a purchased rating.

Bingo!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

bimmerdog

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:46 pm »

Bingo!
Funny how a certain  company  throws this at you as soon as you walk into the store about being on Consumer Digest best list more then any other company.  To many people think this is Consumes Report.  Two different worlds.

johnsypa

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 09:35:21 pm »
Good replies. That Consumer Digest is not on newsstands and I often wondered what it was and where you read it.

The dealer is reputable and has been in business for 25 years in York, PA. They carry 2 other brands, Maax and Dynasty. Did not like the Dynasty models or quality.

After reading more I may need to go to another dealer in town that carries Marquis. Saw their tubs at a home show this weekend and the warranty is incredible compared to MasterSpas and Leisure's Edge. But they also come at about a $2500 higher price.

Anyway, back to my original point. So take it that Master really isn't that good and bought all their acclaim and awards. Interesting.

bimmerdog

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:06 pm »
I found this thread to be informative.  It is a few years old but I think if will help you.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,12742.0.html

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »
Do they have one opened up?
Once I saw inside a Master twilight there wasn't even a question that I would consider buying it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42