What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Limelight Bolt?  (Read 12389 times)

AMRose

Hot Spring Limelight Bolt?
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »
Some background: We previously had a Hot Spring Sovereign that was left with a home we purchased, so know what we like (foot jets, cool down seat, no lounger), but that combo isn't in our price range - HS Vanguard would be my pick if price was not an issue.

We tend to move frequently & fast, so we don't want to spend a lot as we don't know if we will leave the tub, sell it, or move it with us. We considered a used/Craigslist hot tub but that's risky & we were surprised that we could get a new basic spa for $5-6k.

So....  I found a 2012 wet test floor model Hot Spring Limelight Bolt that the dealer tells me he will let go for $5500. Includes cover, lift, steps, chemicals, delivery & installation (we already have a pad, subpanel, etc). This was with no negotiation. I also looked at the HS Rythm/Caldera Vanto which is new for $6000. Either way, we have to give up a feature we want. The Bolt has a better warranty, so I am leaning towards that one.

Any ideas of a good price on the Bolt? I think $5k or less would be good but I don't really know. I did not ask how much a brand new Bolt would be. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Limelight Bolt?
« on: January 31, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Hot Spring Limelight Bolt?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 02:11:39 pm »
MSRP on the Bolt is about $6,500 so you're getting a good discount off of that. The Bolt is pretty popular as a smaller tub with lots of power
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

pacificnw

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:06:49 pm »
I was quoted $5,800 CAD for a Bolt. Delivery and chemicals not included. I'd say $5,500 is a pretty good price.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:55 am »
Some background: We previously had a Hot Spring Sovereign that was left with a home we purchased, so know what we like (foot jets, cool down seat, no lounger), but that combo isn't in our price range - HS Vanguard would be my pick if price was not an issue.

We tend to move frequently & fast, so we don't want to spend a lot as we don't know if we will leave the tub, sell it, or move it with us. We considered a used/Craigslist hot tub but that's risky & we were surprised that we could get a new basic spa for $5-6k.

So....  I found a 2012 wet test floor model Hot Spring Limelight Bolt that the dealer tells me he will let go for $5500. Includes cover, lift, steps, chemicals, delivery & installation (we already have a pad, subpanel, etc). This was with no negotiation. I also looked at the HS Rythm/Caldera Vanto which is new for $6000. Either way, we have to give up a feature we want. The Bolt has a better warranty, so I am leaning towards that one.

Any ideas of a good price on the Bolt? I think $5k or less would be good but I don't really know. I did not ask how much a brand new Bolt would be. Thanks!

With lifter and steps, thats a good price but it won't hurt to counter.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 01:06:36 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

AMRose

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:52 pm »
Thanks for the replies & info. I am taking my husband to see it tomorrow & will try to negotiate down some. Can't wait to own a tub again!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 02:09:51 pm »
Thanks for the replies & info. I am taking my husband to see it tomorrow & will try to negotiate down some. Can't wait to own a tub again!

Good luck, glad to see the way people are so helpful here, great site.

JD1186

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:01:40 pm »
At $5500 you're not gonna get a much better price.The only thing is that you mentioned foot jets, which the bolt has none, aside from the small return jet by the filter compartment. If that $6000 range is your price point, The rhythm isn't a bad one to reconsider. Remember, Hot Spring spas have quite a long lifespan(upwards to 15-20 years if taken care of). It's a very well manufactured Spa.

AMRose

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 01:21:16 pm »
I was hoping the small return jet might kind of work as a foot jet. If not, I'll just stretch my feet across to the other corner :)

Just purchased it! It was only wet tested for 3-4 months. We discovered that we needed a new panel/box as ours wasn't GFCI protected. Countered at $5k. Ended up at $5500 out the door - new 230 GFCI panel, taxes included, delivery, lifter, steps, chemicals. Same thing as paying $5000 for the spa & adding the taxes & new panel on top. Feel like we got a good deal :) Thanks everyone!

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »
Congratulations! I'm sure you'll be very happy with it  :)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 03:20:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42