What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wayfarer by Dimension first time post and first time buyer  (Read 6036 times)

bobbyhy

Wayfarer by Dimension first time post and first time buyer
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »
I spent the past 2 months researching many brands and have done 3 wet tests. I almost purchased Marquis, their e line 435 with many options. Liked the local dealer, somewhat disappointed in their shorter warranty. Looked at Jacuzzi, Hot Spring( Hot spot line) Caldera good dealer but pricey. Finally found leftover 2012 D1  with good warranty, colors in stock for a great price. This is going on a sreened in covered porch. Any suggestions as ozonator was not standard in sanitizing the water without harsh chemicals?

Hot Tub Forum

Wayfarer by Dimension first time post and first time buyer
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:21:01 pm »

fishn4life

Re: Wayfarer by Dimension first time post and first time buyer
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »
I just purchased a D1 Meridian. I added the ozone / circ pump (it comes as 1 package). For me that was a must, and I'm glad I did. Maybe the veteran hot tub owners can chime in as far as long term regrets go....

D1 makes a solid tub, if it fits your budget and you are comfortable after the wet test, I would say make the purchase.

*If it's an aftermarket ozone and does not come with the circ pump (I think that has to be installed at the factory ???) you should wait to here from a few others here on the board - I'm not experienced enough to make a recommendation......For me the circ pump was a must.

bobbyhy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »
Then it has the ozonator as it has the circ pump. I will purchase asap. hanks fforr your help.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:48:16 am »
I spent the past 2 months researching many brands and have done 3 wet tests. I almost purchased Marquis, their e line 435 with many options. Liked the local dealer, somewhat disappointed in their shorter warranty. Looked at Jacuzzi, Hot Spring( Hot spot line) Caldera good dealer but pricey. Finally found leftover 2012 D1  with good warranty, colors in stock for a great price. This is going on a sreened in covered porch. Any suggestions as ozonator was not standard in sanitizing the water without harsh chemicals?

Ozone is not going to prevent you from using sanitizer or harsh chemicals as you call it. If you don't use sanitizer you will get harsh bacteria in your tub.
Retired

bobbyhy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:45:07 am »
I am using the start up chemical kit with clorine, and spa shock as reccommended. I also noticed that D1  makes a silver type cartridge that allows less use of chlorine type products. Anyone know about this idea?

fishn4life

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:43:22 pm »
Please make sure you understand that if it's an aftermarket ozone it it doesn't mean it comes with a 24 hour circulation pump.
D1 has it set up that their circ pump and ozone are one package bought together. Your dealer might be offering an aftermarket ozone?
Tman is correct that the ozone and/or vision cartridge do not substitute for chlorine, they just help reduce the amount of chlorine needed. I was told that with the ozone and vision cartridge I should have my chlorine around 1 ppm instead of 3-5 ppm.
I haven't had the vision cartridge long enough to personally recommend it, however I am using it and have read several reviews with others recommending it. It's basically a "stronger" version of the Nature2 system. Made to last 6 months instead of 3-4 months.

bobbyhy

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 06:57:41 pm »
Thanks for the heads up, the dealer informed me that the unit has a circulation pump and I assume the ozonator since they are part of the package from the factory. I know I need to use chlorine and I read the same info that I am to use 1 ppm then 3-5 ppm. Hopefully the dealer will confirm what i think I understood. I plan on using the vision mineral cartridge as well. Do you still use any bromine based product?

fishn4life

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:28:13 am »
No, if you're going to use the vision cartridge don't use bromine, I believe they counter each other....
I use the vision & ozone. Still trying to figure if I'm going to use MPS after each use and shock with chlorine, OR use chlorine after each use and shock with MPS. Tough to get a straight answer.....   :-\  As of now I've been using a little chlorine after every use....will let you know what I end up going with.

bobbyhy

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »
Thanks, why would use use chlorine and then shock over shock and then chlorine? It seems confusing.

bobbyhy

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:18:57 pm »
The spa does have the factory installed circulation pump and ozanator.

PrecisionPoolMA

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:19 am »
No, if you're going to use the vision cartridge don't use bromine, I believe they counter each other....
I use the vision & ozone. Still trying to figure if I'm going to use MPS after each use and shock with chlorine, OR use chlorine after each use and shock with MPS. Tough to get a straight answer.....   :-\  As of now I've been using a little chlorine after every use....will let you know what I end up going with.

As a former dealer I concur! DO NOT USE BROMINE WITH VISION!  Your headrests will deteriorate extremley fast and it does not mix well.

MPS, vision, and ozone work great together with a small amount of chlorine.

Keep in mind with the @home ozone upgrade it is still much different then their reflections line has it does not have the inline separation tank (correct me if I am wrong new D1 guys) therefore it is not as effective due to the short half life of ozone. That is why you will still be using chlorine.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42