What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyers and occasional users looking to become FREQUENT users  (Read 2530 times)

barbjohn0803

Hello all-
My wife and I are in the process of purchasing our first tub.  In all that I've read on this site, it seems apparent to me that WET TESTS are not an option and MUST be part of our decision-making.  I get that.  It also seems clear to me that everyone seems pretty much on the same page as to who the best tub manufacturers are (roughly right?).

What I can't seem to find are a great deal of facts around the most reliable tubs as far as maintenance, repairs, shells, etc. to help narrow down our search even further.  If that type of info is in this forum then I apologize up front and must have missed it.

Basically we're looking for a 4-6 person tub with a lounge.  Neck/Shoulder jets are a must and we don't need a whole lot of bells/whistles like lighting, sound, and/or waterfalls.  We're truly just looking for some therapeutic relaxation with the occassional visit with as many as 4 other friends.

We're toying with the idea of purchasing a used tub to get our proverbial "feet wet" (so to speak) before really making a meaningful financial commitment.  We've got our eyes on two tubs: D1 and Pro-Form.  Any suggestions/recommendations?

We appreciate any and all feedback.  Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

bimmerdog

Re: First time buyers and occasional users looking to become FREQUENT users
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »
Which is better Ford, Chevy, Dodge or Toyota?  This is the same as asking which hot tub company is better.  Here is Salt Lake City I'm lucky because I have Hot Springs, Sundance, Artic, Bull Frog and Jacuzzi spa all with in 20 minutes of me.  All of these companies build a quality produce. 

I narrowed it down to three companies Hot Springs, Sundance and Jacuzzi.  These are the companies I liked.  It doesn't mean they are the same companies that some one else will like.  I would be happy owning any one of these three companies hot tubs.  I felt all had a very good system for cleaning the water and all have a great warranty. It came down to the WET TEST.  With my wife helping in the wet test we bought the Sundance Optima because it was my wife's favorite.  If it would have been the Hot Spring or the Jacuzzi I would have bought that one. 

There are some very smart hot tub people on here that will tell you why one manufacturer is better then another.  They may be absolutely correct but the bottom line is so simple to me.   If you don't enjoy sitting in the tub because you get blown out of the seat or the jets are weak or it's not deep enough then I don't care how great the filter system is or it has a no bypass system or it has a UV system.  This is why the wet test is so important. 

Buying a used hot tub you will have no warranty.  When I buy a used car I always take it to my mechanic to check over all systems.  If I was buying a used hot tub I might just do the same thing.  Find a good hot tub technician to come check out the tub.  Yes this will cost money to have done but it's better then buying a tub and finding out it has problems once you get it home.

barbjohn0803

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:43:32 pm »
Thanks b-dog.  Never really thought about it the same way as a used car (although it makes perfect sense!).  And I completely concur with your opening comments.  That's why I was also asking if there were any facts to back up the opinions and the technical jargon.

Either way, I like your suggestion of getting either/both tubs checked out by a tech.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:43:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42