What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 Hot Springs TX hot tub  (Read 6438 times)

mlbUC

2005 Hot Springs TX hot tub
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:31 am »
I've been quoted $1800 for a 2005 Hot Springs TX spa at a local hot springs store. I honestly have zero idea on whether this is a good deal or not, I don't know what the market prices are for new let alone used TX's. Can anyone help here?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

2005 Hot Springs TX hot tub
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:31 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2005 Hot Springs TX hot tub
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:36:27 pm »
From another spa owner I'd say thats high. From a dealer then thats different since they can test it, refurb where needed and I assume you get some type of store warranty with it even if its a couple months. At the same time, you should always try to negotiate as good a deal as possible.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mlbUC

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 01:37:51 pm »
It is through a dealer. I believe the warranty would be for 30 days. Free delivery to my house as well...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:13:01 pm »
The only changes between that and a 2013 would be aesthetics. Same basic system - same basic jets.

Good little tub - I think that's a good price if it comes with a new cover and delivery.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

mlbUC

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:15:55 pm »
$1500 offer was accepted... wish me luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:23:28 pm »
$1500 offer was accepted... wish me luck!

Wel done, good luck.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jaysea

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:30:28 pm »
good luck. I would never by another hotspring tiger river spa nothing but problems, it's 5 years old. and thru all my problems and research i have found more than not have all the same problems.Very pore design or just junk china electronics.
Just my opinion.
Take care

mlbUC

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »
jaysea, everything I've ready is exactly the opposite. They claim that Hot Springs is one of only 3 or 4 brands worth putting your money into.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 04:28:58 pm »
jaysea, everything I've ready is exactly the opposite. They claim that Hot Springs is one of only 3 or 4 brands worth putting your money into.

good little tub for a good price and like Chas said not much has changed, they did bump up the interior space slightly and of course a few cosmetic/aesthetic changes like the cabinet, but overall still a good basic "couples" tub

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 07:25:03 am »
Jaysea,

It's interesting that you would post such a negative response: for one thing, your spa has NOT 'given you nothing but problems.' You had a bad HRB, it was replaced and the tub worked fine for a year.

Then your control head went bad. Instead of getting your dealer out to troubleshoot and repair it, you went online, saved a hundred or so bucks, and did a DIY repair which has not gotten to the problem yet. I'm sorry you have had a couple of problems, but that certainly does not warrant the type of generalization you just posted about the leading tub maker on the planet.

It sounds to me as if your dealer is still willing to help, even though you went rogue on them and tried to fix it yourself. That, to me, is stand-up behavior on their part.

One more item of interest: the TX does not have the same control system as your Tiger River Sumatran. There is no HRB in the thing: in fact, if the OP ever needs to, they can replace the entire control system with off-the-shelf systems/parts.

I stand by my post: the TX is a good, simple tub and that seems like a good price.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 07:25:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42