What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying a demo tub  (Read 4713 times)

chk1313

buying a demo tub
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:14 pm »
Hello everyone - I'm a returning user. Loved my Sundance Optima, but found I enjoy soaking more than jets.  Now, I'm looking for a demo or used tub, and have seen the following:  HS Jetsetter, Tiger River Siberian.  Also several infinity spas and a new Dura Sport Rio.  All things being equal, I'd prefer a 2/3 person like the Jetsetter.  Prices are about the same $3,000 to $3,500 (Rio $2,100).

Seems to me I shold eliminate the Rio, lesser quality, and Infinity is no longer around.  I'd appreciate all opinions.

CH.

Hot Tub Forum

buying a demo tub
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:35:14 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: buying a demo tub
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:28 pm »
Have you looked at Freeflow?

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

chk1313

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:04:22 pm »
I have not, and on line it's impossible to get prices.  The dealer that has a 2006 Jetsetter sells Freeflow.  He also has a used Caldera 2-3 person tub.  Is a new Freeflow a better option? 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »
New is always better warranty wise. The freeflows would be a good option in that price point or for a few bucks more a nordic would be a good option

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:00:05 am »
I have not, and on line it's impossible to get prices.  The dealer that has a 2006 Jetsetter sells Freeflow.  He also has a used Caldera 2-3 person tub.  Is a new Freeflow a better option?

Freeflow is a really good option in your case, they're fairly simple, built to last and easy to maintain while meeting a price point for those who are budget conscious. The used Hot Spring, Caldera and Tiger River are very good options and you're going to get more therapeutic jets on them but if its really just about the hot water as you had stated then check out the Freeflow as well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:13:51 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:50:10 pm »
used jetsetter would be a great option, choice of 3 different seats with different jets, plenty of power and because of the size its very easy to maintain...warranty aside and at this price range I would take a used jetsetter over a new freeflow easily especially if its going outside in a climate with cold temps

dakota7557

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »
Bought a Freeflow Accent in October and It fits my needs.  Very Simple, few bells and whistles, maintenance is minimal and I can climb in every evening to relax, it can fit up to 4, but works best with 1 or 2.  Life is good, Jody  :)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:46 pm »
Bought a Freeflow Accent in October and It fits my needs.  Very Simple, few bells and whistles, maintenance is minimal and I can climb in every evening to relax, it can fit up to 4, but works best with 1 or 2.  Life is good, Jody  :)

to quote another member: welcome to "spatopia"  ;D let us know if you need any advice, otherwise use the heck out of it  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:38:28 am »
Hey!   ::)

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

chk1313

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:52:25 am »
I appreciate everyone's advice.  Going to look on Monday.   I see they also have a Sovereign and Caldera Kauai at about the same price.  When I had my Optima, I found that my favorite was soaking on the lounge with no jets.  But now, my fiancée has some arthritis and ortho issues so maybe jets would help her.

CH

TLWR

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 07:30:07 am »
We wet tested both the Hot Springs Jetsetter and the Caldera Kauai. Prior to the wet test, we were leaning towards the the Jetsetter, but would up with the Kauai hands down. The configuration is so much better on the Kauai. The filterbox configuration on the Jetsetter made it much less roomy and my shoulder would block the intake.
Take a good look at the Caldera Kauai :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 07:30:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42