What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: J-275  (Read 11508 times)

hottubfinally

J-275
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:50:53 am »
Finally did it...we went for a Jacuzzi J-275 as it met all of our specs - ordered it yesterday.

I have done lots of research, read and re-read most of the posts on this board and took it all to heart...this tub met our size and configuration requirements - and price range too. I love it!!

But now I am having a bit of anxiety as it does not have a circulation pump. I am trying to convince myself that it is going to be fine and that Jacuzzi would not sell a tub that won't stay clean.

Should I cancel this sale (it's not too late) or will it be ok??

Any opinions are appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

J-275
« on: August 05, 2012, 05:50:53 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: J-275
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:09:26 am »
 Many mnfg do not use circ pumps and the are fine, there are benifits to them but spa's operate fine with out them!!   Nice spa by the way..  What color combo did you go with? 

hottubfinally

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 10:42:32 am »
Sooo many thanks for the reply. That helps a-lot! ;D

We went with Sliverwood and Platinum. It should look nice on the cherry colored deck.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 02:37:00 pm »
Jacuzzi can't keep it clean, that's your responsibility  ;)....I prefer 24hr circ. pump but its def. not the end of the world if you don't have one, esp. in smaller tubs where maintenance is fairly easy.  Keep your pH/Alk. in line, make sure there is always a level of sanitizer in the water, keep your filter clean and just make sure it cycles a couple times a day and you'll be fine

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:53:35 am »
I am surprised that the J-275 doesn't have a circulation pump. I have a J-235CD and although mine only has one 2-speed pump, it does have a circulation pump that runs 24/7 (I also have the optional ozone). I have my fitration set to twice a day for half an hour each time. If you do not have a circulation pump then do you have to run the filtration more often to give the water a regular stir?

manwgoldengun

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:35 am »
I'm new to the party, but have been researching spas.  Could you take a moment sometime and post why you chose that tub?  I have been looking at Jacuzzi, Sundance, and Caldera.  Thank you

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »
I am surprised that the J-275 doesn't have a circulation pump. I have a J-235CD and although mine only has one 2-speed pump, it does have a circulation pump that runs 24/7 (I also have the optional ozone). I have my fitration set to twice a day for half an hour each time. If you do not have a circulation pump then do you have to run the filtration more often to give the water a regular stir?

most manufacturers are defaulted at 2 - 30 minute cycles, with a heavier use you may want to increase filtration times up a bit...also if your in a part of the country with cold winters I would def. bump the "night cycle" up to make sure the spa maintains set temperature during periods of extreme cold

hottubfinally

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies everyone...very helpful! My excitement has returned and anxiety is gone!

manw - we chose this tub mostly due to size/configuration  and brand....there will most often be 4 of us so size was important. Three of us are smaller females and we liked that there were fewer deep seats and plenty of higher seats...even a cool-down seat. And, my husband really wanted a lounger with plenty of jets....16 made him happy enough. So basically, we all got what we wanted and it came in within our price range ($6500 including delivery, install, steps, cover, lifter, and starter chemicals). Any questions...let me know

999 - thanks for GOOD tips.

Twincities - you get my vote for best answer!! Loved the technical hints....but you tickled my silly bone...great answer!

sailingmaxi

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »
Hey hottubfinally

wondering how you like your tub so far.  I just purchased one myself, due to be delivered in about 4 weeks. Any pointers or issues you've had w/yours? I'm looking forward to finally getting back in a hot tub.  My old Leisure Bay died after about 20+ years!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:23 am »
Don't know if the OP is in their tub yet or not, but if so...

Welcome to Spatopia. May you soak long and prosper!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 10:35:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42