What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa dolly versus hot tub hauler  (Read 15389 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Spa dolly versus hot tub hauler
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »
Looking at trying to make my life easier.  Who has experience with either of these systems?  Which one would you consider superior and why?  Thanks for any feedback

Hot Tub Forum

Spa dolly versus hot tub hauler
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:36:58 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa dolly versus hot tub hauler
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »
  We have 2 spa dollys, they work very well and have held up great!   Less tires of course..

clover

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:29:18 pm »
We have utilized 30' snow mobile trailers with aluminum roller conveyor for multiple deliveries, pulling 3 to 4 spa for the day when things were good.  We used manipulation transferring them to large wheeled dollies and hand trucks for leverage lifting and the placement of short wheel dollies.  This is great for multiple deliveries going out in one day.

We also use the spa dolly for single deliveries and spa moves.  It is more versatile and works exceptionally well for spa moves requiring less manipulation by hand, and less physical effort in lifting.  Its only handicap is one spa at a time.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 02:20:47 pm »
I have had my Spa Dolly system for ten years or so. Love it. I have finally had to replace the steering wheels. One of them I dropped on the freeway a few years ago, we pounded it straight and used it for a few more years, but the other one wore out, and I finally replaced the pair. That's the only thing I have had to replace other than tires and light bulbs, and I would buy another one today if I had to.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 09:04:54 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the spa dolly it will be. 

Vanguard

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 10:50:58 pm »
I've looked at the Hot Tub Hauler at the Atlantic City show and thought it was a great trailer. The person that designed it after having delivered lots of hot tubs. Plus, he's a great guy.

I think the HTH is superior, but the Spa Dolly has been around a long time. If I were buying one, I'd buy the HTH.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 11:57:01 am »
I would never buy a product from a company who posts this picture:

OMG! That is SUCH a rookie mistake: They are about to drop the skimmer lid.  ::)

OK - I may be kidding about that, but I do like the Spa Dolly system. I was going to say "better," but I haven't used the Hauler, so can't compare other than by looking at the design in photos.

With the Spa Dolly, you can go off the back by tipping, and it is safe and stable when the tub is in the upright position because it uses a set of forks to hold things together until you are ready to pull them apart. The Spa Kart portion uses larger wheels, which can be mounted two ways for high or low ground clearance.

If you need to go off horizontally, you just take the tongue off, drop onto the little wheels at the front, and slide the spa off. Here's a video link to watch it in action, from the factory. http://youtu.be/KPPzp3EjNgc

They have a winch if you need to pick up a spa horizontally, as well. Here's a video of that in action. http://youtu.be/6Eq7bcf4D20

Here's a vid showing the rear forks in action. Be aware: this shows the spa coming off the ground on blocks, but we almost always come off/go onto the Spa Kart. The forks actually have slots to slip into on the Kart, and once the spa is on the Kart, you simply pull the trailer forward to disengage from the Kart. Hope this is making sense. http://youtu.be/cKaP56LI9aU

I think they both look like systems designed by people who have moved a lot of spas.

OH! And be sure to get the "Spa Wedge." It's an inflatable lift bag, and it has saved my back many times over. My wife grabbed the little Orek canister vac which it shipped with to use around our home, so I found a cool shop vac built into a tool box which works great to lift and flatten the wedge as well as carry a few tools we commonly need on deliveries.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

clerman77

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »
Looking to buy a spa dolly please call me at 941 400-3988 thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42