What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Skin rash but only on mum  (Read 3061 times)

Hobbithill444

Skin rash but only on mum
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »
Hello everyone
We have a new to us this fall J300 series ... We love the the tub & the kids even more , we run with bromine set up .. Last water change was about 8 weeks ago , regular filter changes , all levels seem ok on our digital test strip divice . My wife has in the last 2 dips got out & developed a red rash on her arms & neck .. " mum not happy " .
We are in chilly Canada with temps today & the coming week in the - 25 mark ...
I've thought about pumping out half the water & refilling ...
Please help if you can

Thanks 

Hot Tub Forum

Skin rash but only on mum
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:48 pm »

vangoghsear

Re: Skin rash but only on mum
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 08:16:54 am »
I'm not an expert, but the symptoms remind me of a problem I had. 

When I first got mine, during my first water fill, I had developed a rash on the underside of my arms and my neck.  It was because I hadn't cleaned the edges of the hot tub.  I used a hyper-chlorine water mixture and wiped the edges above the waterline and underside of the cover down and I do that now every week or two and no more problems.

Hobbithill444

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:57:38 am »
What would folks advise to clean the top & outside of the tub with ... How can I make a hypo solution ?? ... Could I just use bleach from the washroom ( Clorox ) .

goose973

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:06:44 am »
Yep. You can use laundry bleach, just be sure to use only regular bleach. Don't use anything with scents, splashless bleach, or anything like that. Those things can screw up your tub water. The bleach bottle should have directions for making a disinfecting solution. Something like 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon water, but check the bottle in case your bleach is stronger or weaker than the normal 6% bleach.

vangoghsear

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 09:16:43 am »
I use about 2 ounce of Clorox 6% bleach per 1/2 gallon of water and wear a plastic scrubber glove made for cleaning hot tubs (it's basically a glove with a non abrasive scouring pad attached).  I just dip the glove in the mixture, rub it on the tub edge all around and underside of the lid, then when finished I hose it down and add any water I need to makeup in the tub (since it is cold you could just rinse off the chlorine mixture with a bucket of warm water and a clean sponge).  Any left over chlorine mixture I dump some on my plastic steps and add the rest to my foot-wash water pan to sanitize them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:18:51 am by vangoghsear »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 09:16:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42