What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP - Horible smell coming from my air intake!  (Read 2530 times)

Shawn

HELP - Horible smell coming from my air intake!
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »
Hi, anyone know what i can do with the horrible smell coming from the air intake of the tub?  I took it apart last weekend and cleaned some hair out of it, but same thing.  I can see some water laying in the pipe in the bottom - should it even be there?  Can I pour something in there?  It's an older Beachcomber tub.  I don't know how the plumbing works.  I had thoughts of pouring vinegar in there or baking soda , I know it could mess up my chemistry - but maybe I shouldn't put anything down there period.

Hot Tub Forum

HELP - Horible smell coming from my air intake!
« on: November 17, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: HELP - Horible smell coming from my air intake!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »
I'm at a loss: what "Air Intake" are we talking about? If you mean the place where the air goes in, so that it feeds an air control(s) to feed air to the jets, then there should be a check valve of some sort to keep water from backwashing into that. I would start by finding out why there is water in an air line to begin with, and then try to get it dried out.

A photo would help a lot in this instance.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Shawn

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:07:28 am »
yes Chas, it is the air intake that feeds the jets.  There is a check valve - it is a plastic ball that sits in the device that I took out and found a little water.  Maybe it's possible that water was splashed around the check valve since I don't think it was seated properly.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:07:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42