What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Raisers  (Read 2491 times)

87vette

Cover Raisers
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »
My tub is located inside an enclosure with windows on two sides, a bar type area on another side and an open area on the entry side of the spa. My cover is rigged so that when raised, it covers one of the window walls. i'm looking for a rig that will raise the cover straight up so that none of the windowed or open sides are blocked by the cover. i do not have enough room on the side to allow for a cover to be lowered to the side of the tub. has anyone ever heard of anything like this being done?
Thanks
bmc

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Raisers
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Cover Raisers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:09 am »
Only as a DIY project, I'm afraid. The best one I saw had a small aluminum flange which screwed into the metal behind each zipper. This was very thin, so as not to push the two halves of the cover apart, and there were four total: one on each end of the cover's two halves. These stuck out just far enough for a rope to attach with a thimble, and each half of the cover had two ropes so it would pick it up evenly at the center.

Then they had two more ropes: one to each handle on the two ends of the cover. THAT is the part I thought was not very elegant, but it worked great: all the ropes were lead off to a common hand winch (from a sailboat supply house). They ran the ropes through PVC conduit in gray - which happened to be the common color of the cover, the spa siding and the gazebo so it worked.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Cover Raisers
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42