What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ready & heat lights flashing  (Read 3045 times)

oli

ready & heat lights flashing
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »
This spa is a HotSpring Jetsetter (model J). I replaced the water but I forgot to flip the circuit breaker and since I replaced the water, the Power & Heat light is flashing. I ran a garden hose down the filter down pipe, thinking that there might be a air bubble. I don't know if I ran the water long enough but I stopped after 2 min. and the spa was getting over filled.
So I don't know what is my next step.
Thanks in advance for your help

Hot Tub Forum

ready & heat lights flashing
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:36:31 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: ready & heat lights flashing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 10:16:29 am »
Lower the water level, then cycle the power: off for a minute, then on until the lights flash, then repeat six or seven times.

If there is visible air in the vinyl tubing around the circ pump, you may have to open a tube and let some water flow to purge the air lock.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

oli

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »
What does lowering the water level do? When you say power off, are you saying turn the jets on and off, and repeat this process 6 or 7 times or turn the breaker switch on and off 6 or 7 times?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:11:43 pm by oli »

oli

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »
I ran a narrow garden hose into the opening and did see some bubbles surface, but when I ran the spa I still get the flashing lights.  I have turned off the power and turned the power back on, ran the pump until I got the flashing lights and did this numerous times, with no change.
Ran the garden hose a couple of more times, but no more bubbles.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 10:19:17 am »
You may have toasted the circ pump. It doesn't cost anything to try to flush it out again - after leaving it sit overnight. You haven't answered my question: do you see air bubbles in the tubing near the circ pump? I know that if the tub is older you may not be able to see through the vinyl tubing.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

oli

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »
So, I finally took the door off the unit and I saw three motors housed within.  The lines are amber and not clear tubing.  There is a box in front that I am not sure what it is, but it has a label saying outlet limit inlet control. It has 1 line in front and 4 in the back, of which 2 are aluminum.

The motor in the back is perhaps the circ. pump and it has a label which is hard to read. The label says Max fluid temp 140F
                                                                                                               Max fluid temp 30 psi
                                                                                                               115V, 1P
                                                                                                                60Hz
This unit of course is difficult to get to, has 1 line with an elbow, goes to the this motor and the motor in front. There is another line going to the bottom.
If this is the unit, which tubing do I undo, the one going to the top of the motor or the line going to the bottom?
OBTW the jets work and I forgot to mention this at the very outset of my post so I don't  know if that's important to know for an answer to my problem.
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:58:37 pm by oli »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42