What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do I sell my hot tub?  (Read 3210 times)

billyf

How do I sell my hot tub?
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:51:17 pm »
I hope I am not breaking any rules here, but my wife and I would like to sell our hot tub. We have two children under 2 1/2, and we just don't use it anymore.

I spoke with a representative from where we purchased it, and they suggested Craig's List. I wasn't happy with the response, so I looked online, but cannot seem to find anyplace that purchases used spas/hot tubs. Is there any other option?

We own a 2005 Sundance Altamar, and we live in the South Jersey area.

I really appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

How do I sell my hot tub?
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:51:17 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: How do I sell my hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 03:42:24 pm »
craigslist, newspaper, certain grocery stores have "for sale" boards where you could hang flyers, any relatives that have interest?...you could also use google and see if there is any spa companies in your area that buy and re-furbish/re-sell older models.

personally with 2 small kids I couldn't wait until the end of the day to use the spa for relaxation but that's just my opinion..good luck

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »
craigslist
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:02:48 am »
craigslist

The think about Craig's list is different people look at it each week.  Reword your ad to tune the type of responses you get. Craig s list is full of people looking for "steals"  Assuming your tub is in good working order, say so.  Its if full of hot water mention that.  Perhaps ad serious buyers only.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:50 am »
Assuming it’s in good working order and the following is true (or tweak slightly if necessary)....be sure you are including lines such as….like-new condition, no leaks or problems whatsoever, well-cared for, cover is like-new, includes steps, seating for x number of people, etc.

Also, post decent photos of the tub showing the inside and outside; too many people post horrible photos, blurry, badly framed, etc.  And, I've seen lots of photos in the past that show "too much" in the background or around the tub, that lead me to believe the people who were selling it were filthy, or hoarders with stock piles of old items near their hot tub or crap piled up against their house, etc. - seeing photos like that, I wouldn't even consider buying a tub from anyone like that, tells me the tub was likely neglected big-time.  Oh, and if the tub is already empty, please don't do what I've seen also, that being shots of the inside filled up with leaves, dirt or standing water of about a foot that looks like sewer water - a big no no; hard to believe some don't spend the extra 10 minutes to at least clean the sucker out.

Finally, you may wish to check with a hot tub moving service and get an estimate to move your tub to anywhere within 20 miles or so, then if you feel the need, you could add that figure into your selling price and then list, "Delivery Included!."  For some, that is the issue holding them back.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42