What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In the home stretch and need opinions/input please  (Read 9269 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: In the home stretch and need opinions/input please
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »
I should add the limelight series is a a nice line, but when it comes down to the funtion of the spas to the Jacuzzi 300 series it doesn't match up on features.     More in the 200 series with circ added which is an option and a 2 year lesser warranty.      Sounds like you are doing your homework!

your saying a 200 series with a 2 yr warranty is comparable to a limelight with a 5yr warranty that sells in the 8,500-9,000k range??? doh'kay...again looking foolish, look at the specs, jet counts, pump sizes, warranty on Limelight is IDENTICAL to the 300 series

Warranty wise you are right "we" as a company offer a 3 year on the 200 series.   Jet wise "type" not how many 44 in the 280/275 are pretty much the same, basic component jet found in many many spa's.   Filtration wise limelight is 65 sqft not 50 my bad again.  The J-280 90X90X37 with a 95 sqft filter, circ pump is an option like I mentioned, led lights are close, you guys just put more holes in your shells below the water line. Stainless is std.   Pump wise they are different 1 2.5 and 1 2hp so yes by adding a the circ pump and adding 3 years to the warranty I would say they line up to the limelight in many ways.   Except the price we sell the 280 at 7800.00 with circ and an additional warranty.

Oh and  :P

I could take your exact scenario above...spin it around 180 degrees and say that a Hot Spot Rhythm is the same as a J-300 series...oh and we sell those for under 7,000  :P 

Doubtfull, but would love to hear you try! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »

RogerWilkerson

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:15 am »
Well as an update we went and wet tested the Jacuzzi J-365 last night and we loved it. My wife was able to use every chair and I was comfortable in every chair as well, which was a first for us. Usually one of us is getting the short end of the stick because she is tiny and I am the opposite :).

We got the tub, cover, Cover mate III lifter (with the shocks), chemicals, Nature II, pre-filter for the hose, two extra filters, delivery, set up and leveling for $8480.00.

I think we may have overpaid a little but frankly I was tired and I think the deal was decent. Additionally there were no other dealers to shop him against so he had a locked up market.

Thanks for all of the input and I look forward to many long happy soaks.

Roger

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 02:34:04 pm »
 Nice going, I sold one last night for 9695.00 so you did good and I know you didn't over pay!  Specially with all the other goodies thrown in.. 

RogerWilkerson

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »
That's nice to hear Jim. We really enjoyed the wet test and my wife (who rarely gets excited about anything like this) couldn't stop raving and still is today.

I should add that the price I had did not include tax but all in all I think if I got ten years from a Great Lakes Ottawa I should get twenty from the Jacuzzi :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 05:32:25 pm »
We looked at Jacuzzi brand hot tubs only: J345, J355, J365.  At first we thought a lounger would be nice, but after doing research (this site) and talking to friends, decided not to get a lounger.  People say you float out of loungers.  We didn't wet test prior to purchase.  It came down to the J345 or J365.

I don't float out of loungers, but some people do.  FYI, In our recent shopping experience the 345 was at the top of my list, but my wife floated in ALL of the corner seats because they recline so much.   There really is no substitute for wet testing if for families or people of different size and shapes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

RogerWilkerson

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »
The 365 is amazing. The foot dome keeps my wife in any seat she wants to be in and doesn't cramp me. It is ideal for what we needed and it was the ONLY spa we tested that did not have issues for at least one of us. We can both use any seat any time so we are VERY happy with our purchase (now if we could just get the ph to come down...well water)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42