What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Heat  (Read 1826 times)

London37

No Heat
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:26 pm »
Hi this my 1st post. I have a 10 year old Hydropool. Pressure switch snapped and was replaced, still no heating. Controls appeared OK. Technician returned and replaced HP2000 circuit board ($429+time) noting " no power getting to heating element". I still have no heat. Am I being reasonable to ask them to prove to me that the old board was faulty (depending on what the eventual problem is, say it's wiring??) Appreciate any advice.

Hot Tub Forum

No Heat
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:45:26 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: No Heat
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:58:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  No your not being unreasonable, how long ago did the board get replaced? If the board has been out of your sight for very long, I'm certain it would be found to be not working if reinstalled after you find the problem.   Most techs I have worked with would verify the heat was working before they left or closed the call.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

London37

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply. The board was replaced Oct 20th while I was away. The dealer said it was likely just a pressure switch adjustment required so I said come while I'm away. My first indication they had replaced the board was the invoice in the mail. I left the owner a message to hang onto the old board and I'd hang onto the invoice until this was resolved, but I agree they likely have the upper hand.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42