What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foot Well Depth??  (Read 4887 times)

newguy35

Foot Well Depth??
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »
Hey guys,

I have pretty much narrowed down my first tub to the Limelight Flair and Limelight Pulse.  I am not sure if I will want the lounge or not, hence one model with and one without.  I have seen a Flair, and will be wet testing soon. My problem is the dealer does not have a Pulse.  When I was talking to the salesperson he did say the foot well in the Pulse is extremely shallow.  Can anyone confirm if this is the case?  Also, how important is the depth of the foot well?  Having never owned a tub, I would think it would be nice to have some depth and room there.  I thought tubs with a lounge have smaller wells, but the dealer said the well in the Pulse is smaller/more shallow than the one in the Flair.  I am hoping to find a dealer that has a Pulse, but the next closest dealer to me is about an hour away.  I really want to wet test the Pulse to compare it to the Flair, but I don't know how I'll be able to accomplish this if the other dealer doesn't have one either.

Hot Tub Forum

Foot Well Depth??
« on: October 18, 2012, 10:08:24 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Foot Well Depth??
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:20:25 am »
I have both in my showroom, the Pulse is filled so it wasn't exactly easy to get an accurate measurement but it looked like it was 10" - 10.5" (give or take) deep and the Flair is right around 8.5" - 9"

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:33:02 am »
Most people sit with feet extended across to the opposite seat, so it wouldn't matter if the footwell was 20 feet deep and filled with sharks (That was an option on spas from a guy in CO, but he's out of business now)

- very much like sitting in a reclining chair is more relaxing than sitting upright in a desk chair.

It's only when you try to add people that the footwell is important - because everyone can't sit with feet propped up anymore.

What most buyers don't realize is that most tubs tend to be used by one or two folks at a time - 99% of the time!

HTH

8)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:38:43 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

newguy35

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:31:26 pm »
Just so I have my terminology down, when I say "foot well" I am talking about the bottom of the tub where you would rest your feet.  I am not talking about the depth from your knees to your feet, but rather the depth of that specific section of the tub at the very bottom where you would rest your feet if you were sitting upright.  I've seen some tubs where that section is only an inch or two deep, where some other tubs have that section several inches deep.  Of course the width of it is important, too.  I was told this part of the Pulse is quite shallow, as in a couple inches.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:38:57 pm »
Just so I have my terminology down, when I say "foot well" I am talking about the bottom of the tub where you would rest your feet.  I am not talking about the depth from your knees to your feet, but rather the depth of that specific section of the tub at the very bottom where you would rest your feet if you were sitting upright.  I've seen some tubs where that section is only an inch or two deep, where some other tubs have that section several inches deep.  Of course the width of it is important, too.  I was told this part of the Pulse is quite shallow, as in a couple inches.

I answered your question days ago, see above

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

I think everyone who responded knows the definition of the footwell, its the standard industry term. I agree the depth matters, I just don't see the tubs you were referring to as having anyhting close to shallow footwells.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42