What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking II Hot Tub Will Not Pump After Use  (Read 2480 times)

xring600

Viking II Hot Tub Will Not Pump After Use
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:56:03 am »
Hello all. This is my 1st post and I hope you can help. I just purchased a 2008 Viking II spa and am having a little trouble. When we use the spa for 20 minutes or so we are having trouble getting it to pump water again after it heats up??? The reason the questions marks is we have only used it one time so this is the best info I can give. Here is what happened. We used the hot tub set at 102 degrees for about 20 minutes. I had it set on high while we were in it. It shut off after 20 minutes and we figured it was the timer. After getting out I tried to activate the pump to circulate but it would not. I heard a click in the access panel and a hum like the motor was trying to start but would not. I powered it down for the night, came back this morning, powered up, and it works good. I would like to get it fixed before it craters so that I do not have to pay a high repair bill as it was a stretch just to get it here for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Viking II Hot Tub Will Not Pump After Use
« on: October 20, 2012, 08:56:03 am »

Waterbug

Re: Viking II Hot Tub Will Not Pump After Use
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 09:03:07 am »
What mode is the tub running in ?  It should show a code like "St", "Sl", or "Ec".  If you were to increase the temp setting to 104, would it run ?

xring600

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:49 pm »
Watebug;

Thanks for the reply. The tub was in Economy Mode and is not doing it anymore. I do not know what was causing it. We put the tub in standard mode and placed the temp on 102. I went ahead and ordered all the relays on the Balboa board and will replace them when they get here next week. It sounded to me like a relay not kicking in properly. $20 bucks for all the relays so a cheap fix if that is it. ..

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42