What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Head spinning on hot tubs  (Read 9911 times)

DLT5489

Head spinning on hot tubs
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »
Getting ready to buy first hot tub but so many choices...  we know we want a lounger and at least 2 pumps.  I was looking at Hot Spot Tempo and wife is looking at Tropic Seas Rio.  Same size spa but about 2K difference in price.  Is there a way to justify that cost?  Would the Tempo be built that much better than the Rio?    Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!   

Hot Tub Forum

Head spinning on hot tubs
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:14:59 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Head spinning on hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »
Getting ready to buy first hot tub but so many choices...  we know we want a lounger and at least 2 pumps.  I was looking at Hot Spot Tempo and wife is looking at Tropic Seas Rio.  Same size spa but about 2K difference in price.  Is there a way to justify that cost?  Would the Tempo be built that much better than the Rio?    Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

Potentially, yes there could be that much of a difference in build quality, components, energy efficiency, trust that their warranty is worth more than the paper its printed on.... The problem is I've never heard of a Tropic Seas Rio and wonder if others have so it will be interesting to see if you get any feedback. I did just go to their website and one thing I noticed is they are using the type of insulation method that I would fear from a company that I don't know which is non-fully foamed where they give it a special name like "ArcticPac" as if the name should give a warm fuzzy feeling. Its a method that can work if done right but I wouldn't trust it from just anyone. I do see they offer full foam insulation as an option which would be wise assuming their plumbing is well done and leak free (and fully wet tested at the manufacturer) so at a minimum you should see what that costs to add it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »
It appears this is a division of Artesian Spas (from their Owners page)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

metalmann

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:15:34 pm »
hello
Im getting my first tub in 2 weeks (hopefully) Spent a lot time researching ,looking, wet testing. Ended up getting a hotsprings vista with a lounger. After you figure which tub  you want then the best price is next. I almost pulled the trigger with one vendor.Called around one more time and found a reputable dealer and saved 2 grand. A lot of manufacturers to choose from. Hotsprings caldera jacuzzi sundance. Test test and more test is the only way. Try to do the tests on the same day. Bring a piece of paper and write the pros and cons for each tub. good luck

DLT5489

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »
Thaks for the replies.  Yes it is suppost to be by Artesian.  That is the only reason we looked at it.  We still ahve to look at the Jacuzzi tubs but doubt they will meet the price of the Rio.  Just hate to buy a Kia when I could get a Audi....  Now just to convince the wife!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 11:03:40 am »
It appears this is a division of Artesian Spas (from their Owners page)

I guess I could have looked harder and found that. I know they fully foam thair Artesain brand, I guess they go with a less expensive method for this other brand to lower costs and keep the price point down but thats not best for teh consumer IMO. I would definitely upgrade it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 11:05:36 am »
Now just to convince the wife!!

Just make sure you don't spend the next decade hearing to "I wish you'd listened to me...".

DLT5489

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:51:26 am »
Well,,, wife went out and got the Rio......  delivery is today...   Yep I hope you are right but rather me being the one saying I told you so that hearing it from her!!  ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:30 am »
One thing is for sure....

You'll love owning a spa!

Welcome to Spatopia: may you soak long and prosper.  ;D

Post pics

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42