What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Covana Pt. 2...Installation Pics Inside  (Read 6334 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Covana Pt. 2...Installation Pics Inside
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:48:05 pm »
I made a thread a few weeks back about these when I sold my first one, well as of yesterday it was installed so I wanted to share a few pics. The tub is a 2012 Hot Spot Relay and the size of the slab is 10' x 10' and the Covana is mounted with 4 concrete anchors in each leg.  As you'll see we had the key switch mounted approx. 15' from the Covana near the back door of the house, the customer and I both thought the added expense of running conduit/wire was worth it strictly for the convenience factor...onto the pics  ;D

key mounted next to the door for convenience

Hot Tub Forum

Covana Pt. 2...Installation Pics Inside
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:48:05 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Covana Pt. 2...Installation Pics Inside
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:10:17 pm »
I can't help but to be curious because I've seen these work and I like them other than the fact that the cost seems like it would scare away a lot of potential buyers. Why did the cutomer go this route? Was it the coolness factor of it because it does look unique? The fact they wanted a gazebo and this would serve as one? Some type of physical issue with being able to move the cover on and off? ...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »
I can't help but to be curious because I've seen these work and I like them other than the fact that the cost seems like it would scare away a lot of potential buyers. Why did the cutomer go this route? Was it the coolness factor of it because it does look unique? The fact they wanted a gazebo and this would serve as one? Some type of physical issue with being able to move the cover on and off? ...

One thing this customer liked was the privacy factor, that backyard is raised up on a hill in front of a street so it provides privacy when soaking.  It's also just her and her 3 sons, all of which will be using the spa so of course the convenience factor is nice for all users involved.  Also the lights and "cool factor" is definitely there for the kids and all of there friends so spa parties will be a blast for them.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:53:20 pm »
Looks neat, great pics!  Do you recall what the warning stickers say around the dome area?  Also, in the event of some odd emergency, can that roof be raised manually (from the inside and outside)?

J

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »
Looks neat, great pics!  Do you recall what the warning stickers say around the dome area?  Also, in the event of some odd emergency, can that roof be raised manually (from the inside and outside)?

J

I don't recall exactly what the warning said, but I'm sure its on par with the warning on a standard spa cover which is basically "keep kids from horseplay, do not close cover with people in the spa, entrapment hazard, etc. etc.....but just like any spa cover or automatic pool cover you don't want to close it down on someone so common sense/responsibility are key especially regarding kids of course

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:29 am »
I would be tempted to find a creative way to have some water trickle down into the tub from the center of that cool dome top! Run a small line from the fountain on the tub, or from fill water, or ??

I don't suppose you can synch the light colors between tub and cap?

OK - I know - I can't be pleased. It does look Très chic!

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42