What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Using a CoverMate 1 as a privacy wall  (Read 2525 times)

np1286

Using a CoverMate 1 as a privacy wall
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »
Hello all,

I am planning on buying a covermate 1 for our spa. We have a neighbor who's bedroom window peeks right into our backyard... and into our spa. The covermate directions show that when the mounting bracket is installed 8" from the top edge of the tub, that 75% of the cover will be above the edge of the tub. Am I able to mount the bracket less than 8" from the top edge of the tub... and bring the cover higher to act as a privacy wall?

Hot Tub Forum

Using a CoverMate 1 as a privacy wall
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Using a CoverMate 1 as a privacy wall
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:37:09 pm »
 I have mounted them right up to the acrylic with out a problem, only issue sometimes is the wind can blow it over easier.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Hello all,

I am planning on buying a covermate 1 for our spa. We have a neighbor who's bedroom window peeks right into our backyard... and into our spa. The covermate directions show that when the mounting bracket is installed 8" from the top edge of the tub, that 75% of the cover will be above the edge of the tub. Am I able to mount the bracket less than 8" from the top edge of the tub... and bring the cover higher to act as a privacy wall?

I would get the Covermate 3 for this type of view blockage and I like it better in general anyway.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

JohnnyK45

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »
Not sure where you're located or if your lot has room, but instead of a cover to always look at, in the spring I'd plant 3-5 arborvitae trees for privacy on that side.  These things are awesome and stay green through winter - hearty suckers with almost no effort to maintain and simple to plant.  I planted 9 of them in a row two years ago on one side of our yard, paid $25 each on sale and they are now between 7-8 feet tall and have grown wider each year - another year and that side will be a solid green wall.  If you consider these, buy the ones that are a tad larger at 4-5ft tall to begin with vs. tiny 3 footers.

J

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 07:31:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42