What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: covered back patio vs out in the open  (Read 2745 times)

fishman61

covered back patio vs out in the open
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:54 am »
We are planning to purchase a hot tub originally we were planning on putting it under the covered patio, the east end of the house. The north, west and south sides enclosed. I seen many pictures of hot tubs set out in the open. Is it better to have it installed on a concrete pad away from the house? I like the patio option for it will keep the hot tub nicer looking and out of the wind. 

Hot Tub Forum

covered back patio vs out in the open
« on: October 09, 2012, 10:36:54 am »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: covered back patio vs out in the open
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:10:56 am »
We are planning to purchase a hot tub originally we were planning on putting it under the covered patio, the east end of the house. The north, west and south sides enclosed. I seen many pictures of hot tubs set out in the open. Is it better to have it installed on a concrete pad away from the house? I like the patio option for it will keep the hot tub nicer looking and out of the wind.

IMO, staying out of the wind is a good idea and staying fairly close to the entrance of the house will be appreciated on cold days when you want to zip back into the house.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 04:29:35 pm »
The closer the hot tub is to your door, the more you'll use it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »
totally agree with the closer to the door the more you will use it. Have to say though I always enjoy sitting in the tub staring at the stars at night. Would not want to not have that option. I think the open tub is more appealing if it is not to far from door. Maybe a large skylight would solve the issue.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 07:56:53 pm »
totally agree with the closer to the door the more you will use it. Have to say though I always enjoy sitting in the tub staring at the stars at night. Would not want to not have that option.

Spot on, same here with the sky and stars, an occasional airplane that is way overhead, etc.  Looking forward to sitting in the hot tub with my favorite drink during the first "snow globe" like snowfall.  ;D 

J

jonnyboy2807

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »
Yesss!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42