What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test  (Read 10136 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Wet test
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38:20 pm »
haha.  well I will make sure and give it a good cleaning then  ;)

Should be here this morning, definitely excited!

4hours and no update? ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 01:38:20 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 02:04:09 pm »
Nuke it! Four ounces of Chlorine, at least.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

buckeye79

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 07:36:16 pm »
:) They came and installed it yesterday.  Unfortunately my electrician couldn't get everything setup properly until early afternoon today, then I came home early and filled it around 4.  A little disappointed in the warmup time thus far, only seems to be doing ~4 * per hour.  Don't know if it will get warm enough to use tonight.

Trying to make my way through the chemicals now.  So far put in the 8oz of Metal max which came with my starter kit --even though it said 8oz per 400 gallons and the tub is well over 500, that's all they sent me :(

What's next?  There are a lot of chemicals!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 07:52:07 pm »
:) They came and installed it yesterday.  Unfortunately my electrician couldn't get everything setup properly until early afternoon today, then I came home early and filled it around 4.  A little disappointed in the warmup time thus far, only seems to be doing ~4 * per hour.  Don't know if it will get warm enough to use tonight.

Trying to make my way through the chemicals now.  So far put in the 8oz of Metal max which came with my starter kit --even though it said 8oz per 400 gallons and the tub is well over 500, that's all they sent me :(

What's next?  There are a lot of chemicals!

step 1...give your metal remover the evening to work itself through and then your next step imo would be to pull out your filter(s) and give them a good hosing to remove any metals they may have collected

step 2...next step is to test your water (accurately, a test strip doesn't count) and start balancing Alk/pH and calcium as needed. (if you provide me with baseline numbers I can assist in amounts, etc)

step 3...next step now that the metals are removed, filter is clean again, and water is balanced is to start with sanitation, as I'm sure you've read on here most of the upper echelon brands are wet tested at the factory so start with a good heavy dose of chlorine (ask 10 experts and you'll get 10 differing opinions but I usually start with 4-8tbsp. depending on the size of the spa)

step 4...use the dang thing  ;D

buckeye79

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »
Ah shucks, wish I'd have read that before I went back outside!  I already put in 8 tbps chlorine granules before I did the PH.  Is that a problem?  The manual said to leave the jets on and the cover open for 20 minutes after the chlorine as well.

mjb

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2012, 10:26:29 am »
Don't worry.  Adjust your pH when you can.
The only time to leave the cover off is when
you're doing the weekly spa shock.
Except when you're using the spa ;D

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2012, 12:20:31 pm »
Ah shucks, wish I'd have read that before I went back outside!  I already put in 8 tbps chlorine granules before I did the PH.  Is that a problem?  The manual said to leave the jets on and the cover open for 20 minutes after the chlorine as well.

not a huge deal...I've just noticed customers have an easier time understanding chemicals when they have a nice logical order to follow...remove the metals, balance the water, then sanitize... is just easy to remember and helps avoid confusion especially if your a newbie  ;D

buckeye79

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2012, 04:12:12 pm »
Just had my first real soak.  WOW!!  Definitely made the right choice all the way around!  Love the lounger and having music on is really nice as well!  Great job Sundance and All Seasons Spas!!!

mjb

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 04:32:47 pm »
Wait until your first night time soak.
It's even cooler !

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 01:00:20 pm »
Be aware that test strips are prone to bleaching out - that is, if you get a nice high Chlorine (or Bromine) reading, you most likely will NOT get a usable pH and TA reading.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 01:00:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42