What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet test  (Read 10140 times)

buckeye79

Wet test
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:46 am »
Tested out 3 tubs last night, the Jacuzzi J245, the J355, and the Sundance Maxxus.  Definitely glad I did, I learned I did not like the foot dome whatsoever on the J245, and liked the lounger (did not think I would) on both the 355 and Maxxus.  Up next is the Grandee.

One question to anyone who would know: Is there any additional likelihood of the small jets in the loungers breaking down at all?  There seem to be a lot of them.

Hot Tub Forum

Wet test
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:46 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Wet test
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:07:32 pm »
 Kind of an odd mix of spa's there, J-245 no lounge to theJ-355 lounge to a Maxxus large with lounge then to a Grandee large with no lounge..  :-\      What exactly are you looking for in a spa? 

sorebikr

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 02:06:30 pm »
Kind of an odd mix of spa's there, J-245 no lounge to theJ-355 lounge to a Maxxus large with lounge then to a Grandee large with no lounge..  :-\      What exactly are you looking for in a spa?

Doesn't seem too strange to me, assuming they're a first time home buyer.  I had zero idea what I wanted beyond bubbles and hot water when I first started looking.  I also never thought I'd end up spending as much money as I did (after all, how much of a difference could there be between a 5K and 10K tub?).  It definitely helped me appreciate people who were buying a new computer for the first time.  I mean, how big a difference could there be between beige boxes, right? 

Have a good weekend everyone.

-S

buckeye79

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

Doesn't seem too strange to me, assuming they're a first time home buyer.  I had zero idea what I wanted beyond bubbles and hot water when I first started looking.  I also never thought I'd end up spending as much money as I did (after all, how much of a difference could there be between a 5K and 10K tub?).  It definitely helped me appreciate people who were buying a new computer for the first time.  I mean, how big a difference could there be between beige boxes, right? 

Have a good weekend everyone.

-S

^^ This.  My first hot tub purchase and I am very glad I am trying several different varieties. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:22:24 pm »
 Nothing wrong with that at all , I was just curious..

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 11:03:53 am »
^^ This.  My first hot tub purchase and I am very glad I am trying several different varieties.

Way to do it right!  Your fortunate enough to have a dealer with a facility capable and willing to show you quite a bit.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

buckeye79

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »
Just tested the Grandee.  Very impressive, really liked the moto-massage a lot.  They did not have the Vista filled up, which is the Grandee with a lounger.  However, the Vista only has 1 moto-massage instead of the Grandee's 2.  Also liked the 2 speed pump--let's you still have some jets on but is quiet enough to carry on a conversation.  However, subjectively, it did not seem as big, deep, or powerful as the Maxxus.

After some initial research and lurking on this forum I decided to definitely purchase a better brand (ruled out Dynasty, etc).  Any comments on whether Hot Springs or Sundance is more reliable? 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 07:12:39 am »

After some initial research and lurking on this forum I decided to definitely purchase a better brand (ruled out Dynasty, etc).  Any comments on whether Hot Springs or Sundance is more reliable?

Thanks for coming back, I too liked the moto massage. My wife not so much, I'm not sure why. Maybe if she had to live with my back awhile.  The Grandee is a good tub to test since it gives you almost everything HS has to look at.   As for your last question, the thought of reliability lead me to also narrow things down brand wise. I'm already committed to seeing about reliability I guess.  I don't know what you will get in the way of answers.  The only thing I can offer is that I have a PC repair business that has a couple hundred senior customers and I've seen 3 hot tubs that were more than 15 years old still working and all of them were Hot Spring tubs.   Now that I think about it, I think they were all the same model.  I forget the model, but its one Chas mentions a lot that he still sees on occasion.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »

Thanks for coming back, I too liked the moto massage. My wife not so much, I'm not sure why. Maybe if she had to live with my back awhile.  The Grandee is a good tub to test since it gives you almost everything HS has to look at.   As for your last question, the thought of reliability lead me to also narrow things down brand wise. I'm already committed to seeing about reliability I guess.  I don't know what you will get in the way of answers.  The only thing I can offer is that I have a PC repair business that has a couple hundred senior customers and I've seen 3 hot tubs that were more than 15 years old still working and all of them were Hot Spring tubs.   Now that I think about it, I think they were all the same model.  I forget the model, but its one Chas mentions a lot that he still sees on occasion.

the dog dish...aka the classic is most likely the model you are referring too...and to Buckeye, since Sundance is now owned by Jacuzzi I would say that both manufacturers are very reputable, in your case (and all buyers) you should be concentrating on the local dealer and how well they are ran to be able to take care of you after the sale.  With a Hot Spring or Jacuzzi/Sundance you will get your product as described, you will get your warranty if needed, so again it will come down to who can take care of you locally.  This can easily be determined by spending a little time in each showroom, and how does each company pass the "eye test".....does the staff seem knowledgeable? are they setup with a full chemical line with the ability to test your water?, do they have a full-time service department? is the store itself in decent shape? etc etc

buckeye79

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:09 am »
Decided on the Sundance Maxxus with stereo.  All Seasons Spas in Hilliard hooked me up with a reasonable price and good service.  Now just have to wait to get this thing put in!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 01:33:09 pm »
Decided on the Sundance Maxxus with stereo.  All Seasons Spas in Hilliard hooked me up with a reasonable price and good service.  Now just have to wait to get this thing put in!

to quote Chas: "welcome to spatopia" enjoy the new tub, its a real "beast" of a tub, we would appreciate some pictures once you get it setup

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

What did they tell you for delivery.   I was told 4 weeks and it came in a little ahead of that, but the schedule we came up with made it almost dead on 4 weeks.   That was a full week ago.  My tub is now old!

buckeye79

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:43 am »
I actually purchased the Maxxus they had on the floor, so delivery is fast.  They're bringing it tomorrow morning :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 12:56:25 pm »
I actually purchased the Maxxus they had on the floor, so delivery is fast.  They're bringing it tomorrow morning :)

I may have sat in your tub, but don't worry, I'm sure they will wipe it down.  :o  I did take my shoes off when I did.

buckeye79

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 09:09:29 am »
haha.  well I will make sure and give it a good cleaning then  ;)

Should be here this morning, definitely excited!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 09:09:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42