What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi, Sundance, Caldera, Hotspot, Limelight Made In Mexico. Does Anyone Care?  (Read 7537 times)

bingo296

Just curious if anyone cares these days where the things they purchase are being made? Does it matter if a spa is made in Mexico or China?

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Jim is that you?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
I looked up the IP and followed it to:

CustName:       Marquis Spas
Address:        596 Hoffman Road
City:           Independance
StateProv:      OR
PostalCode:     97351

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

nope I don't care, its not 1962 anymore...global economics have changed, deal with it

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
 We use to have a couple of Marquis guys on here, Mendencino101 was one who was the other Marcus something?   

Hot Spring Ace

Just curious if anyone cares these days where the things they purchase are being made? Does it matter if a spa is made in Mexico or China?

This is copied verbatim from a thread that was started in the other forum a week ago by someone named "Markee" who obviously is involved with Marquis. It may be that same person creating a new username or someone else copying it over. Obviously they want people to be alarmed that the Caldera/Limelight/Hotspot and the Jacuzzi/Sundance plants are assembling spas a couple miles across the US border. From a salesmanship standpoint I guess I can understand them throwing it out there hoping it sticks but it didn't gain traction over there so I imagine they're trying to resuscitate it here. The China part thrown in at the end of the thread is just a red herring.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:43:50 pm by Hot Spring Ace »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

This thread is copied verbatim from a thread that was started in the other forum a week ago by someone named "Markee" who obviously is involved with Marquis. It may be that same person creating a new username or someone else copying it over. Obviously they want people to be alarmed that the Caldera/Limelight/Hotspot and the Jacuzzi/Sundance plants are assembling spas a couple miles across the US border. From a salesmanship standpoint I guess I can understand them throwing it out there hoping it sticks but it didn't gain traction over there so I imagine they're trying to resuscitate it here. The China part thrown in at the end of the thread is just a red herring.

when you can't sell based on your own features you begin to desperately grasp for straws and this is a perfect example.  Funny thing is most educated adults look past this so its a huge waste of time anyway...whenever someone comes in and they heard some "mud slinging" at another dealer I simply ask them "how did that situation make them feel" and 9 times out of 10 the find it awkward and childish

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
  Is Markee the guy I am thinking of and he use to be here? 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/

HTH

8)

On the other forum I saw "spa savant" and "Here in Colorado"  and then thought, well you know what I thought.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Spring Ace

HTH

8)

So per that address its corporate Marquis, I had assumed it was a dealer.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

HTH

8)

So per that address its corporate Marquis, I had assumed it was a dealer.

so someone from the corporate office is trolling a forum...things must be going so well over there that they have time to troll a forum  ;).....must be nice to be up on that high horse since they are "made assembled in america"

sorebikr

You guys are funny. 

planetary

This is copied verbatim from a thread that was started in the other forum a week ago by someone named "Markee" who obviously is involved with Marquis. It may be that same person creating a new username or someone else copying it over. Obviously they want people to be alarmed that the Caldera/Limelight/Hotspot and the Jacuzzi/Sundance plants are assembling spas a couple miles across the US border. From a salesmanship standpoint I guess I can understand them throwing it out there hoping it sticks but it didn't gain traction over there so I imagine they're trying to resuscitate it here. The China part thrown in at the end of the thread is just a red herring.

Hmm.  I responded to this thread with a link to that very thread, but my response seems to have deleted.  What happened?

JohnnyK45

Wow, looks like Marquis Spas took a pounding in the first round; don't start round 2 yet, I'm waiting for my popcorn to finish!  ;D

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member

HTH

8)
Hope your not wrong on this Chas.  If in fact that is Marquis then they should be ashamed of themselves.  Apparently spa sales are slow for them but that is no excuse.  I do think people would rather purchase products made in the USA with the conomy the way it is

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42