What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: more shopping  (Read 3332 times)

brmr036

more shopping
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »
well, I looked at additional spas today and I am more confused on what I like and what is a better hot tub. Here is the list of tubs that I have looked at and will consider.

Jacuzzi 365
Bahama  Nassau
Sundance Hamilton
Ecco L460
Hot Spring Flair
Hot Spring Sovereign

I like the neck and shoulder jets on the Bahama and Ecco, which are both made by Dynasty.
The Jacuzzi was very nice with the lounger and the name goes a long way for quality
The Hot Springs were both very nice, however the Sovereign did not really have that many jets which surprised me and was a little more expensive but quality is there.
I did like the jets on the Sundance as well and was very similar to the Jacuzzi, but which one is better I am not sure because one dealer said Sundance was higher model and another dealer said Jacuzzi was higher model.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I will be wet testing the Ecco and Jacuzzi later this week.

Hot Tub Forum

more shopping
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: more shopping
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:56:07 pm »
I did wet test a Hot Spring Vanguard and considered the Sovereign  which has many common features. Very nice. We decided to go without a lounger so it would have been the Vanguard.  I did see a nice looking Flair once.   Good luck in your search.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:59:21 pm »
Jacuzzi and Sundance are the same company, both spa's are equally good but they go by series, so if your looking at a 880 series of Sundance you should look at the 400 series of Jacuzzi.  This works to a point because I feel the 300 series offers more for the money than the 700 series of the Sundance if I were to list the pro's and cons.    As a whole Sundance and Jacuzzi  build a nice spa they are set apart from each other with different features.  On Any brand go with what you like dealer wise, comfort wise and price wise.   

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:07:19 pm »
Sovereign has so few jets because it is only a 1 pump tub so therefore they have proper jet/to pump ratio.

also I love how Jacuzzi/Sundance is owned by the same company (cc: JacuzziJim, is it still privately owned?) but they have sales guys fighting over who is the "best" .....Jacuzzi purchased Sundance and basically saved them from bankruptcy (rumor I heard, JacuzziJim could probably confirm or deny)....and to be quite frank, strictly IMO Jacuzzi's products have always been a step above Sundance dating back almost 15 years when I was working as a tech...of course that is subjective but I always thought fit/finish and build quality was better on a jacuzzi then a sundance, of course after they were purchased I would imagine build quality is very equal on both now days
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:12:36 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

mjb

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »
As we carry both brands, the fit, finish and quality is equal
on the Sundance and Jacuzzi products.

brmr036

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:49:38 pm »
Sovereign has so few jets because it is only a 1 pump tub so therefore they have proper jet/to pump ratio.

also I love how Jacuzzi/Sundance is owned by the same company (cc: JacuzziJim, is it still privately owned?) but they have sales guys fighting over who is the "best" .....Jacuzzi purchased Sundance and basically saved them from bankruptcy (rumor I heard, JacuzziJim could probably confirm or deny)....and to be quite frank, strictly IMO Jacuzzi's products have always been a step above Sundance dating back almost 15 years when I was working as a tech...of course that is subjective but I always thought fit/finish and build quality was better on a jacuzzi then a sundance, of course after they were purchased I would imagine build quality is very equal on both now days

Thanks for the info.  I would be going with the Jacuzzi 365 based on the size and where I want it on my patio. Same for any other brand.

mjb

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »
The Jacuzzi J-365 is and has been one
of our most purchased spas over the years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:07:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42