What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which would you buy?  (Read 10584 times)

JohnnyK45

Re: Which would you buy?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »
I wouldn't get too worried, you have a very nice spa that was well taken care of.  Is there a spa service place in your area you could contact?  By me, they tend to charge about $95 per visit per hour or so.  Perhaps call such a place and have them take a look at things.

J

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:23 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 11:48:38 pm »
If you can - unplug the blower and ozone from the control box. Try the breakers. If it works, you just have water in one or both. That can trip the breakers. Not uncommon when a used spa gets moved.

Another thought: I have had countless electricians wire spas incorrectly on one particular point. You may be able to simply call your guy and ask him this - The Neutral wire which goes to the spa: where exactly did he land it in the sub-panel? With GFI breakers, you do NOT land this Neutral wire on the Neutral buss, like he would do on any other job. That white wire must go directly to the GFI breaker, not the Neutral bus bar. And - if he did miss this, it would NOT trip if he pulls all four wires at the spa.

Give that a try...

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

superbike7

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 10:28:27 pm »
Once again thanks for your responses, this is a great forum. Well the electrician came by tonight. I mentioned about the neutral ground and he said he has wired lots of tubs and did it the way you described. Then we tested the Ohms for the element and they were within spec. Next he disconnected the power from the tub and tested the GFCI. Well it didn't trip. He thinks it could be bad. He is going to test it tomorrow and let me know. Hopefully that will be the problem.

oldpile

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:04:57 am »
sounds like the heater,disconnect the heater leads of the element and turn on if it runs you need a new element

superbike7

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 08:44:02 pm »
Well just a quick update. It was the GFCI. He had to order the part and then we had three straight days of heavy rain so he wasn't able to put it on until tonight. After he installed the new one it turned right on. I can't wait to use it for the first time tomorrow night!

planetary

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »
Well just a quick update. It was the GFCI. He had to order the part and then we had three straight days of heavy rain so he wasn't able to put it on until tonight. After he installed the new one it turned right on. I can't wait to use it for the first time tomorrow night!

Great news!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42