What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time buyer. Jaquzzi J235, Hot Spot relay, Mira M7000, Dynasty Bay Hill  (Read 10007 times)

steelersforlife24

My wife and I are looking for our first hot tub.  We are looking to spend 5 to 6 k.  Want a 6 person tub with a lounger, 2 pumps and all the fun water features for our 2 year old daughter.  We live in south jersey and we have found the following in our budget.

J 235 for 5795.
Hot Spot Relay for 5700
Mira M7000 for 5795.
Dynasty Bay Hill for 5000.

I know Jacuzzi and Hot Springs are very well respected. I have not been able to find as much on the other two.  Our local dealer sells both the jacuzzi and mira and feels they are comperable.  The Dynasty dealer offers a no worry warranty for 120 dollars per year and if anything goes wrong they will take care of it as long as we stay current in the program.  I find this very attractive.  We are looking for insight on all 4 brands and models.  Thanks for your responses.   

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Welcome to the forum!  As a Steeler fan, I'll avoid the temptation to steer your wrong!  Though my hatred for the Steelers is lessening now that I am the aquaintance of one of the newest Steelers.   I like the Jacuzzi having recently tested a few.  The Hot Spot Relay looks like a good tub, I looked at one when my sister bought her tub.  I'm just about to get rid of a Dynasty tub after 10 years. The tub was a decent one, but I'm a little annoyed with their Customer Service the past few years.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

steelersforlife24

I am a little nervous about the Mira M7000 as the company has not been around to long.  Might be crossing that one off our list and adding the Sundance 680 Peyton or the Viking legend.  The bad customer service for the dynasty spas seems to be main issue with the Bay Hill but the dealer offers their own warranty to ease my mind. 

JohnnyK45

We recently bought a Viking II (less than two months ago) and I can tell you first hand, their head tech support guy Doug, as well as AJ and Tom in sales, have been outstanding in terms of customer service.  I bugged them with questions before buying and they gave me all the time I wanted on the phone answering whatever I asked them.  Also, I have chatted with Doug in their tech group a few times as well, just to get some recommendations about operating and maintenance stuff and I found him very friendly and helpful.  Anyway, just thought I'd share as I see Viking on your list.

For kicks, here was my over-view from the end of last month on our Viking spa and their service...
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,15955.msg170010.html#msg170010

Good luck with your search!

J

steelersforlife24

We wet tested the hot spot relay. Really enjoyed it and we have decided to go with the hot spot tempo which is same tub but bigger with more jets. Negotiated the 2012 relay to 5700 and the 2012 floor model tempo to 6200.  Price includes steps, delivery, cover lift. Any opinions on the 2 spas or the price?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
We wet tested the hot spot relay. Really enjoyed it and we have decided to go with the hot spot tempo which is same tub but bigger with more jets. Negotiated the 2012 relay to 5700 and the 2012 floor model tempo to 6200.  Price includes steps, delivery, cover lift. Any opinions on the 2 spas or the price?

I never priced those, but looked at them quite a bit.  I'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you.  When is the purchase?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

great deal on both...personally I would snap up that Tempo for that price, Relay is a nice tub as well but for an additional $500 you get 5" x 5" more space, 10 extra jets (foot jets in lounger) and your pumps jump from (2) 1.5hp to (2) 2.5hp...

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42