What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance 780 FL2 Error Cir Pump Will not turn off. w/ Picture  (Read 12624 times)

TysonTy1

Sundance 780 FL2 Error Cir Pump Will not turn off. w/ Picture
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »
Hello all,

I have a Sundance 780 Hot Tub. I believe it is a 2008. 3 pumps; 1 main 2 speed,1 main single speed and the Circ/heat pump. My tub has the Ozonator.

I just noticed the FL2 error flashing. Here are some symptoms

-FL2 Error Flashing
-Circ pump (heater) is always running (will not turn off)
-Current temp is reading 96. I have it set at 90. Heater will not turn off.
-I set the temp to 100 and the red light does come on and it does heat.
-Main pumps seem to be working fine.
-I cleaned the filer which is fairly new, ran with out the filter and power cycled the tub. Still get the error.

I understand from several of the post I have read that the FL1 and 2 errors are related to a flow switch being stuck.
Would a faulty flow switch cause the circ/heat pump to continuously run -or - is the continuously running circ/heat pump causing the flow switch to be open?
Can I tell by looking at the switch if it's stuck/faulty?

Any recommendations on how to test? I am willing to try about anything before I call someone out.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance 780 FL2 Error Cir Pump Will not turn off. w/ Picture
« on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:57 pm »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Sundance 780 FL2 Error Cir Pump Will not turn off. w/ Picture
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:53:22 am »
Just a couple things:

The circulation pump runs continuously and may cause the temperature in the tub to go up, even without the heater being on.  The spa will shut the circulation pump off if the water gets 2 degrees above the set temperature.  However, that logic does not kick in until 95, hence why you might open up the cover and the water is 95/96 degrees. 

If you are getting an FL2 error while the circulation pump is running, you may have a bad circulation pump relay.  FL2 indicates a closed flow switch when it is supposed to be open.  Usually this indicates a bad flow switch, but if the circulation pump is running and you are getting an FL2 error, you probably have a stuck relay.

In your picture, is the circulation pump running? 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »
Just a couple things:

The circulation pump runs continuously and may cause the temperature in the tub to go up, even without the heater being on.  The spa will shut the circulation pump off if the water gets 2 degrees above the set temperature.  However, that logic does not kick in until 95, hence why you might open up the cover and the water is 95/96 degrees. 

If you are getting an FL2 error while the circulation pump is running, you may have a bad circulation pump relay.  FL2 indicates a closed flow switch when it is supposed to be open.  Usually this indicates a bad flow switch, but if the circulation pump is running and you are getting an FL2 error, you probably have a stuck relay.

Yeah a few things there don't make sense?   If his pump is running and getting a flo2 error should disable the heater, one would think? 

TysonTy1

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:44:57 pm »
Just a couple things:

Thanks for your detailed reply.

In the past weeks it's been 100 down here in Texas. Cold front blew in this week and temps are in the lower 90's. Double checked the temp on the tub and it's slightly lower now at 94. (I have it set to 90).

Circ pump is still running constantly and yes the picture was taken with the circ pump running.

How can I check for a stuck relay?

TysonTy1

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 11:01:00 am »
Bump Bump.....is there any way I can check to see if I have a stuck relay?

Thanks

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:50:43 am »
If you are getting the FL2 error and your circ pump is running, you have a stuck relay.

TysonTy1

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »
If you are getting the FL2 error and your circ pump is running, you have a stuck relay.

Sounds exactly like the problem, I am just not familiar with these relays or how to test them. Is is possible for someone to describe what to look for so I can try to find the issue on my system?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 09:54:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42