What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Majesta on order, going to be a long 4 weeks  (Read 38454 times)

planetary

Re: Sundance Majesta on order, going to be a long 4 weeks
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »
During my own shopping process, I considered the very nice Sundance Optima before settling on the J-470.  And I noticed that the Sundance and Jacuzzi manuals were very similar.  So Bill's startup fill/ubershock/dump comment caused me to pull out Jacuzzi's 2012 400-series manual (which I also downloaded in advance and have been reading to pass the time!) and see if I could locate what Bill is talking about in there.

The startup procedure for the 400 series is:

1. Prepare the spa for filling.  Clear debris, etc.
2. Fill spa.  Put garden hose in left basket, fill half-way, put hose in right basket, fill other half.
3. Turn on power.
4. Activate jets and leave on for next step.
5. Add start-up chemicals.
6. Establish a stable sanitizer reading of no less than 1ppm FC.  If not possible, decontaminate by adding 2.5oz dichlor per 100g water (and following a few other steps).
7. Set spa to heat.
8. Place cover on spa (to help heating).

Bill, I hazard to guess that you're talking about the decontamination procedure, and interpreting that as required, assuming our manuals are similar?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:10:12 pm by planetary »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 12:02:34 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 12:08:00 pm »
Congratulations Bill.

Thanks, going in I was sure it was going to be the Vanguard, but since the 20's these women want us to respect their right to vote!  It was a pleasant experience getting to wet test so many tubs and to see how my current perceptions were based on 10 years of usage of one tub.  The process did reinforce that Sundance, Jacuzzi, and Watkins do make quality tubs (there are probably more, but this what is available in my area)  I had no preconceived notions about SD as I've heard many satisfied buyers here. I had heard people talking about jacuzzi being underpowered. Of course the talk among the professionals here is its not the horsepower alone but the effectiveness of the plumbing.  I was taken in by Dynasty's 7hp pumps as powerful massage was my top priority back in 2002 when I first bought.  That said, I was very comfortable in every Jaccuzi I used including the 245.   I still love the motomassage, but my wife was totally indifferent. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 12:16:02 pm »

Bill, I hazard to guess that you're talking about the decontamination procedure, and interpreting that as required, assuming our manuals are similar?

I probably still have the page open on my laptop at home. Yes, what I did post would be a decontamination procedure, but I'm pretty sure I read it in the starting up your new spa section of the manual. I'll check tonight when I get home.

You're probably right, I might have been under the influence of my legally obtained muscle relaxers when I read/posted that.  Or perhaps I was reading it while watching BREAKING BAD on ?Netflix while cats were circling my head begging for attention.  Io downloaded the manual here at work at lunch time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:22:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 12:47:28 pm »

I probably still have the page open on my laptop at home. Yes, what I did post would be a decontamination procedure, but I'm pretty sure I read it in the starting up your new spa section of the manual. I'll check tonight when I get home.

You're probably right, I might have been under the influence of my legally obtained muscle relaxers when I read/posted that.  Or perhaps I was reading it while watching BREAKING BAD on ?Netflix while cats were circling my head begging for attention.  Io downloaded the manual here at work at lunch time.

and now we gotta wait till next summer for Breaking Bad to finish up....NOT HAPPY about that  >:(

mjb

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 01:23:58 pm »
To Bill and all new spa owners.  We do recommend a little extra chlorine on the initial fill ( when the water is warm enough to dissolve the granules).  Along with a stain and scale preventer and proper pH balancing.  That's it.  Except for the waiting until that first soak.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 09:50:00 am »
Is it in yet?  Oh, wait, it probably was ordered Tuesday. Sorry, getting anxious  ;D

mjb

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »
Spa ordered and confirmed.  Anticipated ship date per Sundance Spas is

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »

That's cruel.

mjb

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 04:02:29 pm »
Oops... I must have hit a wrong button.
Anyway, the anticipated ship date is 9-17.
Your's and 11 other spas will be loaded
into an intermodal rail container and make
their way eastward.  Usually a five day or
so journey.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:06 am »
To Bill and all new spa owners.  We do recommend a little extra chlorine on the initial fill ( when the water is warm enough to dissolve the granules).  Along with a stain and scale preventer and proper pH balancing.  That's it.  Except for the waiting until that first soak.

Have you found the stain and scale to be needed here in Columbus with our somewhat soft water?

mjb

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 09:51:53 am »
Yes, we do suggest that 8 ozs. of Metal X be added at each fill even for most city water sources.
Those with wells or even some well-sourced municipal water should add an ounce every couple of weeks or so.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 08:25:43 am »

I may have to stop in and visit the demo unit again.  Amazing how unsatisfying my old Dynasty is now that I am anticipating a new spa. (The jets are falling apart, but at least I have hot water and that has been nice now that we have cool nights again)

planetary

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 04:09:37 pm »
Amazing how unsatisfying my old Dynasty is now that I am anticipating a new spa. (The jets are falling apart, but at least I have hot water and that has been nice now that we have cool nights again)

At least you have a spa already!  :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:22 am »

At least you have a spa already!  :)

Good point.  After a 25 mile bike ride Saturday I was glad I had it Saturday night.  Any word on your delivery?  I'm hoping mine ships today.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:42 am »
Oops... I must have hit a wrong button.
Anyway, the anticipated ship date is 9-17.
Your's and 11 other spas will be loaded
into an intermodal rail container and make
their way eastward.  Usually a five day or
so journey.

Crossing my fingers that it goes out the door today.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2012, 09:54:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42