What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! Looking for opinions on two spa models. Which would you buy?  (Read 5116 times)

ssilver853

I'm a 1st time spa/ hot tub buyer.  Have narrowed my choices down to the Jacuzzi J-245 and the Hot Springs / Hot Spot Rythm.  Looking for some feed back and average pricing paid for these models. Also, looking for additonal model suggestions.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:38:38 am by ssilver853 »

Hot Tub Forum

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Looking for opions on two spa models
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:10:29 am »
I'm a 1st time spa/ hot tub buyer.  Have narrowed my choices down to the Jacuzzi J-245 and the Hot Springs / Hot Spot Rythm.  Looking for some feed back and average pricing paid for these models. Also, looking for additonal model suggestions.  Thanks!

Welcome, in my recent shopping, I did sit in a 245 wet and found it to be very comfortable.   The Hotspot appears to be a well built tub, I only looked at a couple, didn't test.  Good luck and come back and let us know how it works out for you. Many of us are genuinely interested.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Help! Looking for opinions on two spa models. Which would you buy?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 01:37:20 pm »
on paper specs are very similar, same goes for warranty except the cabinet is 2yr. on the Rhythm and 1yr. on the Jacuzzi.  I like the new 2lb insulation on the Rhythm, I believe Jacuzzi is using a 1/2lb polyurethane foam (Jacuzzi Jim correct me if I'm wrong)....these may not be deal-breakers and since the tubs are very similar I would recommend at least sitting in both, wet test if possible would also be recommended and also determining which dealer you are most comfortable with. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:37:59 pm »
on paper specs are very similar, same goes for warranty except the cabinet is 2yr. on the Rhythm and 1yr. on the Jacuzzi.  I like the new 2lb insulation on the Rhythm, I believe Jacuzzi is using a 1/2lb polyurethane foam (Jacuzzi Jim correct me if I'm wrong)....these may not be deal-breakers and since the tubs are very similar (in specs, price, interior layout) I would recommend at least sitting in both, wet test if possible would also be recommended and also determining which dealer you are most comfortable with.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 02:15:43 pm »
on paper specs are very similar, same goes for warranty except the cabinet is 2yr. on the Rhythm and 1yr. on the Jacuzzi.  I like the new 2lb insulation on the Rhythm, I believe Jacuzzi is using a 1/2lb polyurethane foam (Jacuzzi Jim correct me if I'm wrong)....these may not be deal-breakers and since the tubs are very similar I would recommend at least sitting in both, wet test if possible would also be recommended and also determining which dealer you are most comfortable with.

I think it's 1lb higher density stuff on the shell then the 1/2 lb spray in stuff.    Both spa's are so close together I think it comes down to which you like better comfort wise and price wise.  Also which vibe from the dealers feels best.    We have been doing very well with the 2 new spa's with the edge going to the J-245 with no lounge..

ssilver853

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:04:30 am »
Thanks for the info.... Any thoughts on Strong Spas? I just put a post up on an offer i received from Costco and now my head is spinning.

The pricing I have on the J-245 is $5,900 including steps and tax.  The cost on the Rythym is $6,700 w/ ozonator, cover lift, stairs and disconnect.

Thoughts....

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:35:21 pm »
Thanks for the info.... Any thoughts on Strong Spas? I just put a post up on an offer i received from Costco and now my head is spinning.

The pricing I have on the J-245 is $5,900 including steps and tax.  The cost on the Rythym is $6,700 w/ ozonator, cover lift, stairs and disconnect.

Thoughts....

I would skip the ozonator, that spa doesn't have a 24hr. circulation pump so ozone will not perform optimally

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 12:43:38 pm »
ClearRay is std on the Jacuzzi, price wise it seems a better choice, more color options as well.   Costco spa  ::) enough said.    I am sure it's a fine spa but dealer support is more important IMO.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »

Thoughts....

since there is less than $1000 difference I would worry more about which spa looks/feels better than the other unless your are on a strict budget of course...also try and gauge which dealer is better overall

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

Thoughts....

I think my dealer was offering the 245 for $5500 if my memory is correct.
I would skip the ozonator, that spa doesn't have a 24hr. circulation pump so ozone will not perform optimally
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42