What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Does anyone have experience of Softub?  (Read 6506 times)

jimbo40

Does anyone have experience of Softub?
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »
They are fairly unknown in the Uk but I am cosidering buying one of these;

Hot Tub Forum

Does anyone have experience of Softub?
« on: August 31, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Does anyone have experience of Softub?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:37:34 pm »
 Overall not terrible for what they are, I call them a disposable hot tub.  For the price i would rather look at a roto mold spa like FreeFlow or Nordic..  Depends whats available to you? 

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:49 pm »
Overall not terrible for what they are, I call them a disposable hot tub.  For the price i would rather look at a roto mold spa like FreeFlow or Nordic..  Depends whats available to you?

I'd agree with JJ. The issue I see with Softtub is you feel like you're sitting on the floor rather than in a chair or on a bench. Its something I particularly don't care for and would opt for Freeflow or Nordic type as well which are generally in that same price range.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
You ARE sitting on the floor in them. One of the big advantages to them is they will fit through almost any door.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 01:36:36 am »
I think they're neat and would be a huge player in the market if they lowered their pricing to around the $1500-$2000 range.  By me, they want $3,000 for the 220 model.  I think one of the other disadvantages to the softub, is the vinyl liner is more sensitive to the chemicals (so, one needs to pay attention closer to the various levels).  I like them, seen them up close and working, but for an item that is made out of recycled plastic bottle caps and such, they just put too much of a mark up on them.  Also, their separate pump is simply housed in two pieces of Styrofoam; no biggie, but again, why are they charging so much?  As mentioned though, if you want a tub that is easy to move throughout the year, move inside a sun room, then back outside, etc., this tub might be part of my consideration list.

J

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:15 am »
I have sold both. I would go with Freeflow most definitely. You can move the smaller ones just as easily as a Softub, and the larger models can be moved with just a couple more helpers. They are plug and play, but they do not have a vinyl liner and vinyl skin.

They make a round model, if that's your pleasure, though it does have seating! And they offer a small triangle model:

Check with your local HotSpring dealer to see if they have them - they are now owned and operated by Watkins Manufacturing, the company behind the HotSpring spas. Here in the US, they are showing up on the showroom floors of HotSpring dealers - don't know about the UK.

HTH
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:28:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42