What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down Sizing  (Read 2741 times)

SoakingMan

Down Sizing
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »
Now that we are empty nesters, we fon't need family size hot tub. Looking at a 2/3 but may consider a 3/4. Our main objective is hydrotherapy for our aching bodies. In my area we have 5 dealers" Cal-Spa, Rpyal, Hot Springs, Sundance and Jacuzzi. The leader at this point in time is the Jacuzzi 315 Just don't know if a 13 jet/1 pump tub is really adequate for hydrotherapy. Waiting to wet test. Didn't care for the Dover after its wet test. Would like to ask for opinions and pros and cons of going to a smaller tub.
Recommendations would be appreciated.
One gripe I have is no manufacture states what the depth of their tubs are, let alone at the seat leval, when appropriately filled
Thanks,
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Down Sizing
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Down Sizing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:45:43 pm »
Welcome to the forum. I'm also downsizing from a 6 person spa to a 4-5 person spa myself as it is now just my wife and I.  I've narrowed it down to Sundance, Jacuzzi, and Hot Spring.  Definitely wet test if you can. It was a very nice experience for us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SoakingMan

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »
wmccall,
My wife really wants to go to a smaller footprint hot tub, so a 4/5 person tub doesn't work for her in that regard. From reading some on this forum, I came away with the feeling that the HS Jet Setter is not as deep as the SD Dover, or the J-315. Since I am 6'3", a deep spa is a must.
We wet tested the Dover this week. It really didn't work for us. Hopefully, we will wet test the J-315 after the holiday. We may find out that a 2/3 is not the size that is the right fit for us. Then we'll have to reasses our priorities, and start all over.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:22 pm »
The overall depth doesn't necessarily mean you wont be sitting as deep in the water. It really depends on the depth and contour of the seat.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

SoakingMan

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »
Downsizing Update:
After doing in depth internet research on the Jet Setter, the Dover and the 315, and wet testing the 315 and the Dover. We've decided on the Jacuzzi J-315. After having 2 large tubs with ozonizers, I wanted to look at the current state of the art in sanitizing technology. Salt by any name seemed like too much of a crap shoot. ACE is an expensive option on the Hot Spring's tubs.  The Clear Ray system is standard on the Sundance and Jacuzzi tubs. I realize the UV-C syetem is in it's "infancy". I hope they get to a point where the internal sentinal will evole to a warning system that activates when the bulb burns out instead of the current one year countdown clock that may require a change of a perfectly functioning bulb.
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42