What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-365 Install Question  (Read 4190 times)

bartman9

Jacuzzi J-365 Install Question
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »
We just purchased the J-365 and I have a question about putting it right up against a deck.  The location we plan to put it will be open (accessible) on 3 sides, but right up against our (still to be built) deck on the side with the controls.  I know this is also the side with all the pumps and other stuff.  What are my options with positioning it this way so that it can still be serviced?  Here are some options I am throwing around in my head. 

1) Build the deck below the first set of screws on the hot tub.  That way those can still be unscrewed and hopefully the next set down will be able to be accessed below the deck.  Does anyone know how many inches down are the next set of screws (from the top set)?

2) Build the deck right to the rim of the hot tub, but remove the top screws before moving it into place.  Not sure if this is a bad idea or not.

3) Rotate the hot tub so the controls are on a more accessible side.  We really don't like this option very much.

I would appreciate any feedback on these options and would love to here any other ideas you might have.

Thanks!
Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J-365 Install Question
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J-365 Install Question
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 10:48:45 pm »
 Best would be to remove the btm set of screws, build your deck at 12 to 14  inches for easy step in.  That should leave enough room to access the front panel.    You can build it to just below the edge of the acrylic but techs hate crawling under and around a deck.  Trust me this is a PIA!    Overall height of the spa is 38" with a 6" ABS base the btm screws run just above the ABS base, so approx 7" up from the ground.   

bartman9

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 11:01:39 pm »
Jacuzzi Jim,
Thanks for the quick response.  When you say build your deck at 12-14 inches, are you talking about the deck being 12-14 inches high?

Also, are there only those two sets of screws?  One along the top and one along the bottom?  Or are there more screws through the middle of the cabinet?

Thanks!
Dave

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:37 am »
Jacuzzi Jim,
Thanks for the quick response.  When you say build your deck at 12-14 inches, are you talking about the deck being 12-14 inches high?

Also, are there only those two sets of screws?  One along the top and one along the bottom?  Or are there more screws through the middle of the cabinet?

Thanks!
Dave

Yes on the 12 to 14" allows easy step in and also the equipment can be reached if needed.   As far as the screws go they run along the top and btm with one screw mid way on the left and one on the right.

The deck is really up to you on the look you want.   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42