What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Floating Spa Light, Cool!  (Read 7266 times)

JohnnyK45

Floating Spa Light, Cool!
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »
My daughter and her friend just got out of our spa and had a ton of fun with this floating spa light.

With the pressing of the top on/off button, you can cycle through different lighting effects, several of them.  To turn off, just hold down the button for 5 seconds.  Anyway, this thing is cool and it really works well and lights up the tub with an array of color - a must have item if you have kids in my book and even I enjoyed watching this thing in action.

Here is a link to it (Game Underwater Light Show), although I bought ours at my dealer for $20 - runs on 3 AA batteries. 

http://www.amazon.com/GAME-Underwater-Light-Show/dp/B006IDZU0I

J

Hot Tub Forum

Floating Spa Light, Cool!
« on: August 26, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »

Spoiledrotten

Re: Floating Spa Light, Cool!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »
Johnny, I bought one of those and although it was no big deal using it the way it was intended to be used. I use it another way. We have the canvas gazebo with the mosquito netting surrounding our tub and while soaking last night, looking at the lights change around me, I had an idea... turn the thing over, rest it on the side of the tub and create a colored star light show. What an addition to the night time. Give that a shot however, I would not allow it to float upside down as it would probably leak and be ruined. I'm rigging it now to be hung from the center point of our gazebo to it will turn freely and provide a grand showing of the lights. I'll post some pics later. 
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »
I set one in my front yard last December and pointed it at my house. Made for AWESOME Christmas lights :-)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 06:30:19 pm »
Another good idea, Mr. Spa!
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 08:35:58 pm »
Yes, we found that out a while back.  MY daughter likes to putz with the thing and I was amazed at how powerful those little LEDs are; she's lit up the back of our house with that thing, shined it upward at a tree that is near our hot tub, etc.  And, FYI, she's placed the thing upside down on the lid part on the water too and it hasn't leaked; I told her not to do that though as water could leak in there, but so far, working great.  Best $20 you can spend; even if it only lasts a few years or gets trashed by water, I'd pick up another one, the kids love it and I like the color tones myself while relaxing.

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:36:30 am »
These are taken with my iphone but here is what we did...

This is looking up at the ceiling...

JohnnyK45

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:40 am »
Great photos, I like your idea on that!

JohnnyK45

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:22:21 pm »
Spoiledrotten,

That gazebo of yours looks interesting, any chance you could post a photo or two that shows the entire thing from the outside?

Thanks,

J

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:49 pm »
It has the mosquito netting all around. I have added opaque shower curtains on two sides, primarily for some privacy, secondarily for breaking the cold wind that is coming in the next few weeks. I'm going to add transparent shower curtains to the other two sides to give us some visibility while knocking off the cold wind that may be accompanying the winter months.

Another shot of the inside.

BTW... this one is an 8x8. I didn't want one too much larger than the H/T.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »
Looks great!  Good idea on the privacy; on our one side, we have a neighbor who has a kitchen window that is higher and if they reallly wanted to, they could watch us to a degree I guess. 

Couple of quick questions if you don't mind....Did you get that gazebo locally and if so, how much?  Any model or make on that one?  That roof appears to be all fabric, any issues with snow piling up on it?  Finally, is that anchored to the ground, or any worry about strong winds blowing it over?  I looked just a little at some of those screened-in octagon shaped enclosures, but that's been about it. 

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »
Is there any concern for large winds with the gazebo?

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 08:12:35 am »
I don't mind at all. That is what these forums are for; to help each other out with questions and /or concerns, as well as grow friendships.

There is a concern about strong winds, but when they blow, the spot I chose for the tub is blocked by the portion of the house you may see in the pic and by the neighbor's fence. I also bought some small terracotta pots that I plan on filling with concrete with a small chain buried in it so as to hook a strap to them and to each leg of the gazebo. I'll leave enough room on top of the concrete in the pots to put some artificial ivy or such to make them look more attractive.

I don't have too much concern with snow piling up on the fabric roof... mainly because I'm in central Mississippi so we don't get a snow of over 1/2" but once in about 5 years.  ;D

The one we have can be seen by following the link below.

http://www.target.com/p/8-x-8-gazebo-with-mosquito-net/-/A-12906629

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 10:31:32 am »
Is there any concern for large winds with the gazebo?

I tried something like that and it lasted about 6 months, a weekend when we weren't home 50mph winds ripped it apart.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:00:07 am »
And that might happen to this one as well, but it's fairly protected and since it was only 250.00, it's easily replaced.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 11:00:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42