What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to Two, Which One?  (Read 4417 times)

mcnoahfarm

Down to Two, Which One?
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:14:14 am »
Hello all, I'm posting for the first time but have been watching this board, actually obsessed with this board for a month now.  I thank you all for all your posts, this place as been a great place to go and find the answers to all of my questions.  I'm about to make a decision, a really big decision as to the purchase of my very first hot tub!  I've narrowed my choices down to Jacuzzi-765 and the Sundance-Optima.  I have not wet tested either of them yet but have spoke with dealers of both, over the phone.  I was not impressed at all with the Sundance dealer, gave mostly yes/no answers.  The Jacuzzi dealer was more than helpful over the phone and answered all of my questions and those I didn't even know to ask.  I'm going to wet test the Jacuzzi today and the Sundance tomorrow.  In the event I'm pleased with both the tubs I'd love this boards opinion of the two of these.  I'm aware that the dealers play a big role in this decision as is the wet test, but if any of you have any technical opinions or previous experience or opinions concerning the operation of either of these tubs they would be greatly appreciated.  I'll keep the board posted to my decision and then I look forward to moving from "Seeker" to "User", which opens up a whole new dialog!  Whew! I'm exhausted from the search - what I need now is nice warm tub to relax in!

Hot Tub Forum

Down to Two, Which One?
« on: May 31, 2004, 09:14:14 am »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: Down to Two, Which One?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 10:26:05 am »
You should be happy with the jacuzzi J-365 its nice and large for 6 people.I am getting my J-355 on June 9th.When I was looking at the J365 they wanted $6495 but I wanted a lounger and so the J-355 same size less people 5-6 was $5995 with free Delivery and steps chems and cover.jacuzzi salesman was a nice guy no presure at all as with the Sundance saleman tried to put Jacuzzi down big time and saying even his sweetwaters were better.Sweetwater is the lower model of the Sundance and jacuzzi made by the same company.Johnny Thunders :D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:29:00 am »
Those are fine tubs - have you considered HotSpring?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 11:27:24 am »
.  I have not wet tested either of them yet but have spoke with dealers of both, over the phone.  !

I think your implying that you are going to wet test? A hunch says to me that might make your decision for you. If not, we can go on to the next facts.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 12:25:47 pm »
After the wet test, you should be in a much better decision on what product you would like to acquire. I own the Optima and had a pleasurable experience with the two dealers that we came down to (Sundance and HotSpring), although in reading my notes, the Jacuzzi dealer was also very good.

After you wet test you may come to a decision, or simply cannot decide because you like both (you could purchase both  ;)) in which case dealer comfort may come into play. They are both excellent tubs made by reputable manufacturers.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 12:26:25 pm by doodoo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 12:25:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42