What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Considering a round spa  (Read 4888 times)

laragc

Considering a round spa
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »
Any thoughts on round spas?  We are looking to buy our first spa and after wet testing many large tubs today, which we didn't like, we are really considering a round spa.  Are there any real drawbacks besides the footwell space?  We like the Nordic Crown XL which is a 7' diameter instead of 6'6" which seems much more spacious and has multiple seating levels which is nice since I'm short. It's a bit deep but I think a booster would fix that.  What about the whirlpool feature many of them have?  Worth it?

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Hot Tub Forum

Considering a round spa
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:44:38 pm »

JohnnyK45

Re: Considering a round spa
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:48 pm »
I just did a quick review of our new Viking 2; 72 round spa...

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php?topic=15955.0

We LOVE it!  I LOVE that it is a tad deeper at 35" and the whirlpool jet is pretty powerful.  Although, if you have it on full blast, you lose a little bit of force on the other jets - no biggie, but just FYI.  In terms of foot space, etc., I haven't found that an issue at all; I tend to either sit up right with feet in the lower well area, or have them stretch across to the other side of the seating area and they're getting hit by the other jets; and sometimes I rest on my side a bit using the cool down seat area for my upper shoulder area to rest upon, or near the skimmer side too in a reclined position with my legs on the seating in-front of me.  Anyway, it was our first purchase as well - happy shopping!

J

vangoghsear

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:05:29 am »
I very much like my Bullfrog 151R.  It's 6'-7" dia and 36" deep. The footwell area is well designed; there are two foot-jets opposite the Rainshower massage Jetpack you can layback and place your feet on the foot massage and it's a lot like a lounger, but without wasting two seating spaces to get it.   It seats 4 comfortably and 5 could use it.

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/listings/display/86/42/151r

Love how little water there is to heat and add chemicals to, mine only holds 280 gallons.

I also love the whirlpool feature personally.  It works well on the 151R and it can be turned down if you don't care for the effect.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:08:08 am by vangoghsear »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:14 pm »
Nordic makes a fine hot tub.  I would check out the crown xl and the crown II.  The crown two is a 6'6'' tub but it is not as deep.  We sell many more crown II's then XL.  The jet power in either is good but many people think the crown xl is just a little to big for them

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 12:32:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42