What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Problem with used Beachcomber 530  (Read 4355 times)

Dexdog

Problem with used Beachcomber 530
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »
We recently purchased a house that came with a Beachcomber 530 hot tub. I cleaned the tub up and fixed a few leaks. The one issue I'm still having is when the diverter is fully on the upper jets, there is not a lot of pressure and no air being injected through the jets. The pump also sounds like it is straining. When the flow is diverted to the foot jets, it works fine. One thing to note is I have to replace multiple jets as the keep popping out. Could this have anything to do with my issue? Or more likely an obstruction? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Problem with used Beachcomber 530
« on: August 22, 2012, 05:21:55 pm »

Hot Spring Ace

Re: Problem with used Beachcomber 530
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:53 pm »
The jets themselves probably turn off individually by turning the face of the jet counterclockwise, unless they're the very small ones. Are you sure the jets aren't just turned off.

Dexdog

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:06 pm »
Pretty sure they are on, at least the bodies the ones that stay in. I've read that the jets popping out was a common problem with some of the Beachcomber tubs of that era, and they need to be replaced. I'm wondering if the missing jets are causing the issue, or if I have an obstruction somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:47:45 pm by Dexdog »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42