What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let's talk circ pumps?  (Read 3031 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Let's talk circ pumps?
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »
Ok, I hope to buy within 2 weeks (probably sooner)  Without getting into the FF/Thermpane war My current 4 picks are all full foam with circ pumps.  How long do those typically last? Typical cost to replace?  I'm guessing they are usually easy to get to and not hard to replace.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Let's talk circ pumps?
« on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:34 pm »

soak-king

• Where did that dang duck go anyway?
    • Backyard Oasis
Re: Let's talk circ pumps?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 01:22:03 pm »
Don't know about all of them but the Silent Flow 5000 on HotSpring spas have a retail of $190 and are newly redesigned. 24hr continuous circulation for the price of operating a 40 watt bulb. I'm not in the service side but I rarely hear about one having to be replaced. They are also usually located right up front in the equipment compartment to make it easy to get to.

:)
If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

It IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 01:27:24 pm »
 Since Jacuzzi and Sundance switched to the higher flow style the failure rate is non existant!   They should have done it years ago..    By doing so they also raised the turn over rate of water through the filter. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »
Since Jacuzzi and Sundance switched to the higher flow style the failure rate is non existant!   They should have done it years ago..    By doing so they also raised the turn over rate of water through the filter.

Good to know since 3 of my current top 4 are Sundance or Jacuzzi.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »
The old Hot Spring circ pump worked pretty well and drew only about 40 Watts but it had some issues with longevity.

Watkins changed circ pumps 4+ years ago to the new one with the open impeller and it has been very successful. With no-bypass filtration we don't need a high flow circ pump but the newer one has a higher flow rate than the old one anyway but uses even less energy which is great for something running 24/7.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 02:15:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42