What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunrise Paragon Genesis Spa  (Read 10869 times)

bartman9

Sunrise Paragon Genesis Spa
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »
I am new here and in the market for our first Spa.  I went to a very reputable local dealer here and was impressed with one of the Sunrise Paragon Genesis units.  I haven't found a lot of comments on these here about them (which might be telling, or maybe not).  I was wondering if anyone has purchased one of these in the last couple of years and I would appreciate any input they might have. 

Still looking at other brands, just wanted to see some input on these. 

Thanks!
Dave

Hot Tub Forum

Sunrise Paragon Genesis Spa
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:10:40 pm »

castletonia

Re: Sunrise Paragon Genesis Spa
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »
I am not a consumer but I do carry the Sunrise line.  I primarily deal with the Aspire and Simplicity series, but I will answer any questions you have to the best of my abilities.

bartman9

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:23:10 pm »
Thank you for your response... any comments on how you feel they compare to some of the major brands?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:03 am »
I've never seen one, feel free to post a picture or tell us what you like about them. I probably don't have a dealer in my area.  I may go check their website.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:14:15 am »

No dealer locater.  Are they internet sales only?  <oops, guess not, Castle says he carrys them.

Bartman, do you have a dealer in the Rochester, NY area?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:16:27 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:51:16 am »
Just noticed that there is no dealer locator on the website, odd..... will mention that to my rep.

I feel Sunrise makes a quality product.  I will not get into a debate on their insulation compared to full foam because I feel both are efficient.  They use Gecko in.xe electronics, Waterway Executive pumps, Waterway jets, and Sunstar covers.  I have had good luck with their products and the company has been pretty good to deal with.  They may not be the most well known company but I can say that in the almost three years I have carried them it has been a good experience.

bartman9

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 08:01:08 pm »
We have been touring around town all day looking at different brands/models and now are also considering the Jacuzzi J-365.  The Jacuzzi quality seems to be top notch, but the price is also higher.  We are going to wet test both of them tomorrow and hopefully that will help give us more insight. 

OntarioSpa

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 10:56:58 am »
We purchased a Sunrise Journey spa last fall and it has been a nightmare! The temperature control is erratic; its off by about 5 degrees in the winter and it constantly overheats in the summer to a dangerous level and has to be shut down.

Sunrise and the local dealer have attempted to solve the problem by replacing control paks, heaters, etc. They cant figure it out so now they're telling me that I need to take all the panels off and remove all the insulation in the summer and then replace it every winter. I tried that and it still didn't work properly. So, now they want to install vents in the side panels. The tub has been essentially unusable for about 4 months...

bartman9

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 11:48:00 am »
Wow, that is really disappointing! I would try making a "big scene" and demanding they replace your lemon with a new one. 

After water testing the Sunrise and the Jacuzzi, we are most likely going with the Jacuzzi.  It just seemed to be better quality components, more intuitive controls, and the styling is much better. 

I hope your problems get resolved to your satisfaction!  Thanks for letting me know!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 12:06:55 pm »
after a look at their website I cannot locate any warranty info. at all.....instant red flag for me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 12:53:51 pm »
after a look at their website I cannot locate any warranty info. at all.....instant red flag for me

Being in the market again, warranty isn't been at the forefront of my mind as much as it might be if I was a first timer. Part of that is probably I've been around here long enough to have some idea. However, you did prompt me to check Jacuzzi, Sundance, and Hot Spring sites to see if I could easily find the warranty and all 3 come up with an A+ for having that info available easily.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »

Being in the market again, warranty isn't been at the forefront of my mind as much as it might be if I was a first timer. Part of that is probably I've been around here long enough to have some idea. However, you did prompt me to check Jacuzzi, Sundance, and Hot Spring sites to see if I could easily find the warranty and all 3 come up with an A+ for having that info available easily.

yup...that is a good little tip for shoppers, If the warranty is not printed IN FULL in a paper brochure, or if you cannot easily find a warranty on a manufacturer website within a couple mouse clicks there is a reason they are "hiding" it from you

castletonia

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 06:44:34 pm »
bartman9, sorry to hear that the Sunrise didn't work for you.  Jacuzzi makes a quality product which should serve you well for many years.

OntarioSpa, it is complete bs that neither your dealer or Sunrise can figure out what is going on with your spa.  Their suggestion imho is not a solution.  Have you checked, and or adjusted the filter settings to see if that makes a difference?

If someone would instruct me how to do so, I can post a copy of the Sunrise warranty should anyone want to see it ( I have it in pdf form and do not see an obvious way to attach it).

PositiveBob

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 10:23:50 am »
OK truth be told it got a little heated between me and a Hot Springs sales guy who refused to pay attention that I was comparing a Paragon tub vs Hot Sptings and only Hot Springs had the small circulating heater pump all the while having no idea about Paragon Series spa. I have the Medallion and have had it or it may be the same model just a year before. I have had this spa for 2 1/2 years now, one issue with a control and it was addressed and fixed immediately. I had a Cal Spa for 15 years prior to this spa, I could not keep this spa "fresh and clean" the Paragon with its 24 hour circulating cycle has virtually eliminated this problem. Electric bill has not been an issue.  Here is my bottom line absolutely love this tub string jets, lots of seats and options cover large so a little heavy but a lift assist bar does the trick. If I should move and need to buy another spa I just hope I can find another deal on the Paragon since I paid just around $8,000 for the biggest model they have. Simple to use, maintain and low energy bills. I can't say enough good things about this spa!!

http://www.sunrisespas.com/sites/default/files/images/medallion-na-large.jpg

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 10:23:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42