What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beechcomber 730  (Read 4241 times)

rolltide

Beechcomber 730
« on: May 30, 2004, 07:32:11 pm »
I am narrowing my search for my first spa to the Beechcomber 730.  I plan to go wet test it Memorial Day at the dealer.  The price quoted by the dealer is $8995 (US) plus $200 for the cover lift.  

Is this a competitive price?

Also, I plan to put the tub in a screened gazebo and I am trying to decide if I want to simply pour a concrete slab OR the dealer has suggested a prefabricated portable spa pad and use pavers around the tub to finish out the rest of the space in the gazebo.

I just feel better about putting the tub on a concrete slab but maybe I shouldn't worry?  I also thought about the possiblity if I sell the house later the new owner might not want a spa  :( and if the entire floor in the gazebo is concrete, that would be better.  Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Beechcomber 730
« on: May 30, 2004, 07:32:11 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Beechcomber 730
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 09:24:26 pm »
Concrete slab or pavers are better, and if you move with the tub you still have a useful patio.

I would be interested to know your final decision on you hot tub and base for it.  Let us know.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 09:26:11 pm by ZzTop »

rolltide

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 11:35:07 pm »
ZzTop : You're a Beechcomber owner.  What do you think about the line?

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: Beachcomber 730
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 12:00:59 am »
ZzTop : You're a Beechcomber owner.  What do you think about the line?

Beachcomber is my first pick, I view Beachcomber as a no nonsense, well engineered , low maintenance and well thought out high quality Spa.

I have seen their service first hand and I can say I was very impressed with how they look after their customers after the sale.

To give you an idea of this follow Steve's threads  (A Beachcomber Dealer on this board)  He gives balanced, informative, honest, and well thought out advice.

So much for the commercial but;

There are other really good Spa Companies out there, but it is hard to beat Beachcomber for long term owner satisfaction and value.

rolltide

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 11:04:47 am »
I have been really impressed with the dealer thus far and the material provided by Beechcomber (video and written material) is very well done.  I agree that Beechcomber doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that others have but the designs are very comfortable and the workmanship seems top notch.

ZZTop:  Thanks for the feedback and I'll take a look at Steve's comments as well.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 11:48:40 pm »
Your $20.00 is in the mail ZZ! ;D (That would be Canadian of course)  ;)

I appreciate your kind words my friend. (Anyone who speaks about me that way is my friend FYI) ;D

Let us know if we can help rolltide.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 11:48:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42