What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water coming from air intake  (Read 5453 times)

bart0328

Water coming from air intake
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »
I have a 1993 Dimension One Arena SL hot tub that has started to spew water from what looks like one of the air intake for the jets.  Any suggestions why this may be happening?

Hot Tub Forum

Water coming from air intake
« on: August 11, 2012, 10:33:18 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Water coming from air intake
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:59 am »
I don't recall what brand/type of jets they used on the Arena (thing is HUGE, isn't it!?) but one of them is either blocked, or has been assembled wrong. The water is being forced back into the air system instead of being drawn in as it should be. First look at all the jets on that air control and see if any of them look obviously different. If not, you may need to take out any removable parts from each jet until you find the one that is wrong or the one which is plugged.

A small piece of scale can block the jet enough to cause this - sometimes in lieu of taking the jets apart I can go around and feel the one which is punk, and then gently probe it with a folded bit of wire (no sharp point) and the water pressure will work out the bit.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Water coming from air intake
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42