What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I think I have it down to 3...  (Read 3012 times)

Hydronewb

I think I have it down to 3...
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »
I've been doing the research have visited my local dealers and have it down to either Bullfrog 562, Caldera Tahitian, or Jacuzzi 355. Bullfrog 562 is $8900, Tahitian is $9500, & 355 is $9830. I will wet test each if possible before deciding but I thought I'd throw my list out there. Bullfrog component warranty is 3 year not 5 but I like the jet pack approach and the all ABS structure & I have the best feeling with that dealer. Tahitian has good reviews, good looks, good pumps, etc. Jacuzzi seems to be a favorite in this forum along with HS. I like the calf set up in the lounger-I'm a runner with calf issues. Jacuzzi dealer is least fab of the 3-they pushed Ecco hard during my visit but do have an a+ bbb rating. Any thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

I think I have it down to 3...
« on: August 07, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I think I have it down to 3...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:09 pm »
I've been doing the research have visited my local dealers and have it down to either Bullfrog 562, Caldera Tahitian, or Jacuzzi 355. Bullfrog 562 is $8900, Tahitian is $9500, & 355 is $9830. I will wet test each if possible before deciding but I thought I'd throw my list out there. Bullfrog component warranty is 3 year not 5 but I like the jet pack approach and the all ABS structure & I have the best feeling with that dealer. Tahitian has good reviews, good looks, good pumps, etc. Jacuzzi seems to be a favorite in this forum along with HS. I like the calf set up in the lounger-I'm a runner with calf issues. Jacuzzi dealer is least fab of the 3-they pushed Ecco hard during my visit but do have an a+ bbb rating. Any thoughts?

I'll assume each dealer is someone you see being there for you after the sale. Personally, if those my 3 choices I'd go with the Caldera or the Jacuzzi and I'd let the wet test decide between the two but in the end its got to be about which makes sense to you. Also, make sure you are sure of what exactly comes with each deal, have them itemize it and in writing if you feel it necessary because you need to know you're comparing apples to apples.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:16:59 pm »
I agree with spatech, however if you are positively sure you are most comfortable with the bullfrog you could always use a year or two of in-house component warranty as a bargaining chip.

edit: just noticed you haven't wet tested...so I would def. do that first of course before bargaining, something that looks good on paper or in the showroom may not have the same "appeal" after a wet test, I've sat in spas that were 5k that were much more comfortable than some for double the price, everyone is different so it comes down to your own feel..good luck and let us know how it goes
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:29:29 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:16:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42