What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: selling my ECCO hot tub  (Read 3611 times)

newhottubgal

selling my ECCO hot tub
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »
Hello!

About 2 years ago, we purchased our ECCO 4-5 person hot tub from our local great escape.  I like the tub but I never realized the amount of work that it requires as far as chemicals, cleaning etc.  It's been used maybe 20x if that.  I did buy new filters last summer and it's been sitting empty since this past spring.  I want to get rid of it.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I hate to use craigslist, I feel like it attracts the wrong people sometimes.  I thought about ebay using a local pick up only option.  If I paid almost $7000 for it and it's in mint condition, what would I realistically expect to get for it now?  Is $5000 still thinking too much?  Any other ideas?  I don't want to fill it for the winter or pay for it to be blown out so my back up option would be to have it disconnected and keep it in the garage, I don't think I'd have to worry about water freezing in the lines if it's inside.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

selling my ECCO hot tub
« on: August 04, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »

castletonia

Re: selling my ECCO hot tub
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »
You need to fill it and have the tub heated and operational to sell it.  I personally think $5k is too much especially considering the warranty will not transfer.  Depending on your market, I think $3500 is more inline.  If you don't want to go the Craigslist route see if your dealer will allow you to post something in their store or see if they will sell on consignment.  They will be able to get more for the spa because they can offer a warranty through them and being a retailer should give them more credibility than a private party.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: selling my ECCO hot tub
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42